Has anyone ever used kitty tracking collars?

(4 Posts)
chinley Mon 30-Sep-13 19:16:25

I've been looking into them after having a little scare when one of the cats disappeared for 24 hours. Has anyone here tried them? Just wondering if they were any good.

Yes I've got a couple of the Loc8tor tags (the old style ones, not the new GPS ones). One of my old cats started getting a bit senile and going wandering. I used to go round the streets with my locating device following the beeps (louder for nearer, softer for further away - like that children's game where you'd say 'hotter, colder' until you found whatever it was) until I'd track her down in someone's front garden under a bush, or under a car or whatever.

I also use them when I have a cat that seems really ill in case it decides it wants to go and hide somewhere (as cats tend to do when they think they're dying).

So yes they're great. And the new GPS ones are even better of course.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 30-Sep-13 19:31:48

I would love one, as soon as they get smaller we are saving up for one.

Dh would drive himself mental tracking the cat.

Get one and tell us all about it.

chinley Mon 30-Sep-13 20:00:25

The loc8tor tags look a little big for my cats; one of them is quite small (runt of the litter) and they only just tolerate their tiny little name & address tags. Been reading on another forum that there's a company that is designing locator tags for birds (Marshall telemetry), so I'm going to try and find out a bit more about about them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now