just out of interest how many cats and what breed

(65 Posts)
issey6cats Sat 03-Aug-13 15:10:06

people who come in here are so diverse with likes of moggies and breed cats, just been nosey how many cats do you have and what breed or are they moggies

i have three pure moggies two short hairs and one semi long hair and one half siamese half feral cat

Two, brothers, 4 years old, tuxedo DSHs. They're both idiots. I caught one of the surreptitiously kicking his brother the other day, they're just like little boys, even though they're supposed to be grownups now.

We've been away for a couple of nights, and we've seen one cat since we got back, but not the other. He's the far more adventurous one, so not surprising, but I won't be happy until I've seen him. Even though he DID throw up on the bed while we were away. He makes out he's big and tough, but he's allergic to fleas, rye grass, dust mites and storage mites, and vomits at the drop of a hat. Fortunately, I luff him. smile

aoife24 Sat 24-Aug-13 17:34:51

Top Cat, mostly black, bsh, huge, the sweetest cat I've ever known, so gentle and friendly. Freya, tiny girl, so pretty, orange and white. Will maul you soon as look at you: ho hum.

LST Sat 24-Aug-13 11:41:54

I have 3. All British short hair mogs

2 Toms one all black one mackerel tabby

1 Queen tortie and white

tb Sat 24-Aug-13 11:37:04

1 female Maine Coon, nearly 19 and hates grooming and attacks any comb, brush, furminator etc etc.

MexicanHat Wed 14-Aug-13 17:06:15

Lotsofcoffee I too have a gorgeous tabby. Absolutely adore her. Because we love her so much we got a kitten a few months ago but it just wasn't working and we didn't want to upset her - so friend now has kitten and adores him!!

Lotsofcoffee Wed 14-Aug-13 16:00:29

A gorgeous tabby cat named Paddington. So in love with him, thinking of getting another!

fossil971 Wed 14-Aug-13 13:09:33

One Burmese girl, 14yo. I already have my eye on the next ones. We've always had Burmese who were very friendly "people" cats, I worry what would I do if I got a rescue moggy who was all stand-offish?

If it helps one of our previous Burmese used to eat pieces of string/wool, he was addicted to playing with string and shiny things like chains.

moonbells Wed 14-Aug-13 13:00:10

Two domestic shorthair moggies, for just 3.5 weeks! We had an old black and white DSH lady who died almost 2y ago at 18 and we've only just managed to bring ourselves to get new ones. DH is really missing her now, she was his cat.

Mum is a tortoiseshell and white and was a stray before CP found her and her litter. She loves going outside or sitting at the top of the stairs. Loud miaow, tiny purr. Will come if I call her, ignores DH and DS.

Kitten is black and white, 4 months old and a total tearaway. He bit my big toe last night and I think I woke the neighbourhood. He is desperate to go outside with mum but we haven't taught him how to use the catflap so he stares out and goes MEW! Purrs like a Harley-Davidson. One day he may grow into it. Prefers to bite sit on DH.

issey6cats Wed 14-Aug-13 12:02:27

oh dearnigel sorry to hear you lost one of your girls wether they have a long or short life it always hurts when they have to go over rainbow bridge (((())))

OhDearNigel Wed 14-Aug-13 11:50:02

We have 4 cats - 3 black girls and 1 tabby old lady. They are all rescues.

Until last week we had 5 - 4 black girls but very sadly one died last week very suddenly, it turned out that she had a massive brain tumour sad

ClaraOswald Sun 11-Aug-13 16:59:08

Its warm and sunny. :D

I had to rescue her from behind the bookcases as she did a magnificent twist in midair when falling today and landed between two of them.

Fuck knows how, and it's a good thing she is such a skinny little thing.

bishboschone Sun 11-Aug-13 12:44:06

I have two tabby boys that are 14 hmm and a beastly but beautiful long haired tortoiseshell 3 year old girl who is my daughters .. Love them all!

cozietoesie Sun 11-Aug-13 12:33:54

From thinking about it, he's a bit obsessed with eating broom bottoms (the bristle bit) but I can't work out whether that's a PICA or he just likes the feel of the stiffness in his remaining teeth, like a toothbrush. Oh - and artificial plant leaves.

(I keep both of those out of his way as much as I can, now.)

Other than those two, it's only his small 'food dipping' soft toys and I don't reckon they count.

VenusRising Sun 11-Aug-13 12:16:43

We have one weird half Siamese, half Burmese girl. She loves to climb to view her minions from above, and to lick things, like pebbles.

(Cozietoesie, did your Siamese boy ever show an interest in eating things which are not edible/ have pica?)

cozietoesie Sun 11-Aug-13 11:25:45

But yet she keeps going back up there to sleep ? hmm

ClaraOswald Sun 11-Aug-13 11:21:16

My two are far from dim.

Except girlie has a habit of forgetting she is sleeping on the window and rolls over and off onto the carpet. Hitting the radiator, a side table and any glassware in the way.

Mine are just getting lazier as they get older.

cozietoesie Sun 11-Aug-13 09:16:49

Sorry.

grin

issey6cats Sun 11-Aug-13 00:21:43

i have one who while hes not thick is very innocent and a bit dim he walks into doors and then looks as if to say who put that there, have added two timid foster kittens yesterday i am friendlying them up for the next three weeks before they go back to yorkshire cat rescue will put pics on tomorrow if i can get them to stay still long enough

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 10-Aug-13 20:51:06

Cosie, you are being realistic. Stop it. grin

I currently have six, all mogs.
Big cat got out, and had four kittens, and I have toddler kitten also.
I'm keeping two of the kittens, so will have four.
Eponine, Jemima, Matilda and Zazzles

LegoAcupuncture Sat 10-Aug-13 20:38:53

We got our Moe in August last year as well. He is a rescue cat, came from a very neglected home and was so scared of people. He now sleeps on my knee but still has a broken purr. He is an ugly cat, DH calls him Quasimomo. Our other cat, is very handsome, DH calls him the most handsome cat in the world, but never in front of Moe as DH doesn't want to hurt his feelings hmmgrin

cozietoesie Sat 10-Aug-13 20:34:55

What stray cat is going to come calling when you have ASBO cat patrolling the boundaries, Fluffy?

smile

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 10-Aug-13 20:24:38

ponders I want another one too.

Dh has says when things are more settled he will consider maybe possibly giving it more thought, rather than just saying "no, are you mad?".

I keep hoping a stray cat will appear in the garden. There's never a stray cat when you want one is there?.

Taffeta Sat 10-Aug-13 20:18:54

One. 3yo from Battersea. Got him as a 9 wk old kitten. They called and said there was a fluffy boy and a shorthaired girl, to come and see them. We had decided before we left we wanted the short haired girl.

Got there and the girl was sulking in the corner. The boy jumped down and started playing with the DC. He chose us. grin

He is a moggy but looks a bit Maine Coon y. He loves children and just has such a lovely temperament. We all adore him, despite all the wildlife he brings in and lets loose. One memorable day I had an important business Skype call that I had to end sharpish as there was a pied wagtail flapping round in the background, somewhat distracting the other callers.

LynetteScavo Sat 10-Aug-13 20:12:34

Two cats, both "domestic short hair."

Yes, one is dim.

But the cat I had as a child was either stupid, or a genius, we couldn't figure out which. I'm probably outing myself here, but she could talk. Seriously. She could say "food" and "out" quite clearly.

If I have a cat in the future, I think I would like either a Main Coon, or maybe a Norwegian Forrest cat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now