just out of interest how many cats and what breed

(65 Posts)
issey6cats Sat 03-Aug-13 15:10:06

people who come in here are so diverse with likes of moggies and breed cats, just been nosey how many cats do you have and what breed or are they moggies

i have three pure moggies two short hairs and one semi long hair and one half siamese half feral cat

I have one moggie, she is black and white and beautiful smile

Essexgirlupnorth Sun 04-Aug-13 19:40:51

Two moggies one tabby and white female and one tortie female

deeplybaffled Sun 04-Aug-13 21:56:04

Two females -a lunatic blue torbie Siberian forest cat, and an even dafter black moggy kitten which was a stray born in my brother's shed. She failed to read the small print that she was supposed to be a calming influence on the older one...

CrazyHamsterdisguisedasatree Sun 04-Aug-13 23:14:02

I have 5 smile

Jelly is 13 months , grey & very big for a moggy as he still hasn't stopped growing , though he is very loving & loyal .

RaRa & Rosie are brother & sister , Maine Coone (not sure if crossed as they were abandoned) but definitely Maine Coon .
Not to sure on age id say around 15 months at the most .
RaRa is pure grey & long haired with the most stunning face I have ever seen on a cat & he doesn't walk he struts grin oh and he is bloody huge (size of a Yorkshire terrier) .
Rosie is Grey & White , she has always been very shy & prefers to do her own thing rather than interact with me unless she wants feeding .

Theodore & Phoebe are Rosie's kittens & are 12 weeks old , Phoebe is grey & white with same markings as her mum but short hair & Theodore is grey & rather daft as he reminds me of Odie from Garfield grin

myrtleWilson Thu 08-Aug-13 19:14:50

3 siberians here!

emmelinelucas Thu 08-Aug-13 19:29:40

2 moggies, one named TillyMinto after a poster on here whose nickname I loved !
We lost one when I moved here, and will get another when the rescue finds me one that either won't ever, ever go near a busy road, or an indoor cat. An old one that just wants to be cuddled.
I have been waiting ages, though.
Grey cats are always exceptionally beautiful, I find smile

Meow75 Thu 08-Aug-13 19:47:04

Two here at the mo.

Licorice - 6 yrs old, black with white bib, soft as a brush, still not forgiven us for going on holiday end of June, beginning of July. She's very clever, devoted to us both but loves sitting with me on my rocking chair

Spike, a year younger. Blond stripes, a bit like GetStuffezd's boy. Massive, shouty, thick as a plank, lovey, gorgeous boy

Both are absolute catnip addicts. Makes us howl with laughter to see them, and we are both - as we've been with all our other cats who are now over the Rainbow Bridge - besotted with them. DH grew up in a cat-hating, gardening household, so between the 10 of us (incl. my encouragement) over the last 15 years, we've improved him immensely.

Ponders Sat 10-Aug-13 19:53:18

2 moggies here - litter sisters, but couldn't be less alike

Mo is skinny, with sleek tuxedo coat & turned-out toes, likes to play fetch with toy mice, loves laps but hardly ever purrs

Lola is chunky, with very thick quite long black hair (but not actually long-haired), likes to play ball but never fetches, is a bit dim, prefers to sit beside you rather than on, but purrs for England

Ponders Sat 10-Aug-13 19:54:46

does everybody with more than one cat have a dim one? when they were at the vet's this week she said everybody has one thicko grin

lljkk Sat 10-Aug-13 19:55:29

2 black moggies, one sylvester moggie (he's the thicko).

LegoAcupuncture Sat 10-Aug-13 19:58:12

Two moggie boys. One black short hair and one black and white a little bit more fluffier but not long enough to be classed as long hair. Black and white one, Moe (after Moe Farrah), is tiny and still looks like a kitten although fully grown.

I would love another one, DH says nosad

Ponders Sat 10-Aug-13 20:00:08

Lego, yours sound exactly like ours & you even have the same name for the b&w one (& ours was named for Mo Farah too - we got them last August!)

Ponders Sat 10-Aug-13 20:00:40

& I would also love another & DH also says no sad

chickensaladagain Sat 10-Aug-13 20:02:34

I have 2 5 month old tabby kittens but they have some oriental in there somewhere

mignonette Sat 10-Aug-13 20:08:22

Here, here and here is my lovely Thomas who died last November. His loss is still raw.

He was my fourth cat. My first was a Siamese Burmese cross male, the second a black British short hair female. Then came a male short haired tabby and finally Thomas who had lovely long fur. We miss him so much and tried to adopt a new cat a month ago. Upon meeting a possible cat we decided we are not yet ready.

LynetteScavo Sat 10-Aug-13 20:12:34

Two cats, both "domestic short hair."

Yes, one is dim.

But the cat I had as a child was either stupid, or a genius, we couldn't figure out which. I'm probably outing myself here, but she could talk. Seriously. She could say "food" and "out" quite clearly.

If I have a cat in the future, I think I would like either a Main Coon, or maybe a Norwegian Forrest cat.

Taffeta Sat 10-Aug-13 20:18:54

One. 3yo from Battersea. Got him as a 9 wk old kitten. They called and said there was a fluffy boy and a shorthaired girl, to come and see them. We had decided before we left we wanted the short haired girl.

Got there and the girl was sulking in the corner. The boy jumped down and started playing with the DC. He chose us. grin

He is a moggy but looks a bit Maine Coon y. He loves children and just has such a lovely temperament. We all adore him, despite all the wildlife he brings in and lets loose. One memorable day I had an important business Skype call that I had to end sharpish as there was a pied wagtail flapping round in the background, somewhat distracting the other callers.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 10-Aug-13 20:24:38

ponders I want another one too.

Dh has says when things are more settled he will consider maybe possibly giving it more thought, rather than just saying "no, are you mad?".

I keep hoping a stray cat will appear in the garden. There's never a stray cat when you want one is there?.

cozietoesie Sat 10-Aug-13 20:34:55

What stray cat is going to come calling when you have ASBO cat patrolling the boundaries, Fluffy?

smile

LegoAcupuncture Sat 10-Aug-13 20:38:53

We got our Moe in August last year as well. He is a rescue cat, came from a very neglected home and was so scared of people. He now sleeps on my knee but still has a broken purr. He is an ugly cat, DH calls him Quasimomo. Our other cat, is very handsome, DH calls him the most handsome cat in the world, but never in front of Moe as DH doesn't want to hurt his feelings hmmgrin

I currently have six, all mogs.
Big cat got out, and had four kittens, and I have toddler kitten also.
I'm keeping two of the kittens, so will have four.
Eponine, Jemima, Matilda and Zazzles

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 10-Aug-13 20:51:06

Cosie, you are being realistic. Stop it. grin

issey6cats Sun 11-Aug-13 00:21:43

i have one who while hes not thick is very innocent and a bit dim he walks into doors and then looks as if to say who put that there, have added two timid foster kittens yesterday i am friendlying them up for the next three weeks before they go back to yorkshire cat rescue will put pics on tomorrow if i can get them to stay still long enough

cozietoesie Sun 11-Aug-13 09:16:49

Sorry.

grin

ClaraOswald Sun 11-Aug-13 11:21:16

My two are far from dim.

Except girlie has a habit of forgetting she is sleeping on the window and rolls over and off onto the carpet. Hitting the radiator, a side table and any glassware in the way.

Mine are just getting lazier as they get older.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now