Kitten constantly attacking dd!

(6 Posts)
deliasmithy Wed 24-Jul-13 12:09:44

Don't play any games with him that involve you directly as in hands or feet etc. Then be sure to do frequent little bursts of playing with him in other ways. Mine like to be naughty when they want to be played with. I use this as a cue that they have spare energy to burn.

I use a clap, hiss or blow air in the face and a stern no as punishment noises and removal of attention but I agree you have to save this for the worst behaviour. Kittens can get over excited and don't know when to stop so sometimes putting them in another room that has food water etc in for 10 mins helps diffuse a situation.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 23-Jul-13 15:59:38

It will calm down on neutering, some kittens are just bloody nightmares but he only has you and your dd to play with, cats have tough skin which stands up to rough play better than human skin.

Have you got a feather duster? Excellent toy for practising bunny kicking and the long handle protects your hands.

Aquamildred Tue 23-Jul-13 09:37:13

he's being neutered as soon as he is old enough.
I've tried scruff of neck thing it makes no difference, as soon as he's back in room he starts again.

I've never had anything like him, he's terrible.

I've had cats all my life and of all characters but i regret getting him sad dd is terrified of him sad

cozietoesie Mon 22-Jul-13 23:46:14

I keep the hiss for real serious matters. (It's Mom's warning of Bad Trouble and seems to be ingrained in the instinct of cats - I used it once with Oneago who was abandoned by his Mom at birth and I pretty well had to scrape him off the ceiling, he took it that seriously.)

mildred

Be real firm. Exclude him to a room immediately if he's mean.

When is he to be neutered?

issey6cats Mon 22-Jul-13 23:30:29

when he does this scruff him (supporting his bum) as this is what a mom cat would do to calm him down and let him know hes been naughty, and when he does jump on your daughter remove him from the room so he will associate dive bombing with been punished gently,

you really need to stop him now as he will think its alright and carry on if your not careful, also when he goes to dive up the curtains just before he gets there make a big loud pppppssssttt sound as thats not a noise kittens like, he will think theres an enemy cat near the curtains so should stop him, and get him one of those toys that are a feather on a stick and wear him out playing with it so he wont run like a loon round the house, have hope a few months and he will calm down

Aquamildred Mon 22-Jul-13 23:01:27

I have always had cats, new cat is 12 weeks old and bloody nuts, ALL day long he pelts from one end of house to other diving up curtains and walls making one hell of a noise (neighbours must hate me) I've never had one as bad and constant as him.

The thing that worries me more is he is constantly just dive bombing dd being very rough biting her, scratching her, even if she ignores him he jumps on her biting her head/face/clawing her.

Help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now