What is your cat called?

(162 Posts)
BestestBrownies Tue 14-May-13 11:54:04

Just being nosy really and looking for inspiration

Does the name you've chosen suit him/her because of looks/personality or is it so inappropriate as to be ironic?

Also, does anyone give their pedigree cat a ridiculous moniker (a la Crufts), then a 'normal' nickname or is that just for dogs?

peggyblackett Sat 22-Jun-13 14:45:01

Beryl and Badger

Woofers Sun 23-Jun-13 20:35:40

Just to let you all know that tommy has returned from his 'spring break'
No idea where he has been!!

annoyednow Mon 24-Jun-13 20:47:07

We have a tabby called Toffee. When he arrived in my garden and made it into the house (and would not leave), I thought he was a she and called him 'Princess'.

Want to call him Mungo but too late now.

annoyednow Mon 24-Jun-13 20:53:19

My mother used to call them as she saw them. So, we had a Ginger, Snowy, Blackie, Tabby, Smokey, Fluffy and Bunny (Manx). Not all at the same time.

LoriGrimes Mon 24-Jun-13 20:55:14

I have a Kevin. Did have an Alan but he moved in with the lady up the road.

Catmint Mon 24-Jun-13 20:56:03

Onion, who sadly died in January.

We are getting another cat in Sept/ oct, the name is already hotly debated!

So this thread is fab.

I have two.
Big Kitten is called Eponine Spa, she's a year old
Little kitten is just ten weeks, she's called Jemima Silverstone.
They're also known as silky and fuzzy, and bloody annoying and really bloody annoying!
I want more cats grin

Burmillababe Fri 28-Jun-13 23:13:22

Mine are Robson (he was given to me at four years old with that name by someone who couldnt cope with him, apparently he had a brother called Jerome!), Harry and Theo (both girls, bit of confusion over gender when they were tiny!!). We also have a Finn, Freddie and Hugo in the family

50BalesOfHay Fri 28-Jun-13 23:18:33

Shagnasty blush. Suits her. Nough said.

DrHolmes Mon 08-Jul-13 21:45:49

Pickle smile

BadRoly Mon 08-Jul-13 21:49:30

We have 2 new cats grin so now we have Bert & Stella AND Helix (boy) and Pandora (girl). grin

FredaFanakapan Fri 13-Sep-13 20:02:47

Chloe - sweet little black moggy, sadly didn't survive the anaesthetic when being spayed sad
After that we got two kittens, on the advice of a cat loving friend. We named the tabby Candy - known affectionately as Candycat. She was small but feisty.
The other was grey with white paws, white 'bib' and a black nose which reminded us of a teddy bear, so we named her Teddy. Her nn was Teddybaws. She was sweet and gorgeous and a bit clumsy. She made a little chirruping noise when you stroked her or as a greeting.
Last cat we had was a small brown Burmese who was a rescue cat already named Hobbes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now