Naughty torties?

(32 Posts)
NinaHeart Wed 08-May-13 09:37:27

Do tortoiseshell cats deserve their reputation for naughtiness? Are they indeed moody or mardy, prone to biting and acts of wickedness, or it is all an ugly rumour?

I ask becasue we have been offered a torty kitten and I'm a little nervous of their reputation!

RedwingWinter Fri 10-May-13 21:14:37

I have a black tortie and she is very talkative and mischievous. At three years old she still takes a flying leap at the top of the curtains and hangs there by her claws. She is into everything. She is also very affectionate. She is a lot of fun and completely adorable.

Horsemad Fri 10-May-13 21:27:08

They definitely have tonnes of character! I've owned two and the first was an absolute minx, but my God I loved her smile

Current cat is tortie and she is stunningly beautiful but knows it and is such a bossy boots! grin Love her to bits.

lottieandmia Fri 10-May-13 21:30:09

We had a tortie cat - she was bonkers! But so interesting. She was very affectionate and didn't like to be left alone. Every time she wanted to go upstairs she would take a long run up to the wall opposite the stairs and bounce off it! She did it so many times the wallpaper started to wear away where she did it! She would also run up the curtains grin

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 10-May-13 23:06:50

I have a grey and pink cream tortie grin and she is the sweetest, kindest cat ever. She has never bitten or scratched anyone, and is happy to be carried around by the DDs (she purrs loudly). However, she is not a lap cat, and only likes being stroked on her terms. (She pats your hand with her paw when she has had enough and walks off.)

Horsemad Sat 11-May-13 09:33:47

Tortitude we call it! grin

StuffezLaYoni Sat 11-May-13 11:35:27

I have just acquired a one year old, tiny brindle tortie girl. She's absolutely lovely - not a hint of malice. she leaps onto your chest when you're sitting on the sofa and rubs her face on your cheeks and kneads on you... she's brilliant. loves exploring - recently found her on top of my seven foot fridge!

Horsemad Sat 11-May-13 11:39:05

Stuffez - your new cat is almost identical to my first tortie. Gorgeous! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now