RSPCA home check

(30 Posts)

We went to our local RSPCA on Saturday and found our perfect cat, a three year old female. Very friendly and sweet. We have never had a cat before but grew up with them and know what to expect.

We have a home check tomorrow and I am worrying! The guy at the RSPCA said it was a formality and he had no worries about us passing it from chatting to us.

We have a house with an enclosed garden but it is quite an urban area, just a few miles from the city centre and we live about 200m from a shopping street, it can be busy at rush hour but the speed limit is 20mph and it is very pedestrian friendly (not that a cat would care but...) so I am worried they will say no. When we reserved her we said the area we lived in and they didn't say anything about it. There are loads of cats on our street and tbh most places in this city are near a busy(ish) street.

I know I won't know until tomorrow but I am so worried!

hefferlump Sat 18-May-13 19:11:58

Hello :-) LOL .. My son wants to call him Charlie but we both keep using Fluffy too. Think we may have to make our minds up once he's home.

I am overjoyed :-)

Oh I like Charlie. When do you pick him up? You must be so pleased.

I was so worried before our home check and now Maisy (the cat) is home it feels like she has always been here and I don't know what I was worried about.

hefferlump Sat 18-May-13 20:28:26

We pick him up tomorrow morning at 11.30. He already feels like part of the family - we're both so excited. It's way better than Christmas :-)

I like Charlie too x

Did you pick your cat up? How is he?

NLOBO Wed 28-May-14 23:20:01

we are having a home visit from rspca saturday and already have a cat,my front and back garden are a mess.as havent had time to cut grass partly weather.i hope they dont fail us as my youngest has been visiting one he has chosen and would be heartbroken if it fails because of me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now