the worst thing your cat has dragged in?

(93 Posts)
chinley Mon 15-Apr-13 12:32:16

Mine dragged in 3 mockingbird eggs this morning. sad

I feel so sorry for the mummy coming back to the nest and finding all her babies gone. sad

I can't be angry at him though can I? He's just being a cat isn't he?

VivaLeBeaver Mon 15-Apr-13 12:34:46

A live bat. Which then spent some hours swooping around the house. grin

Cats are bastards as far as wildlife is concerned.

GirlWiththeLionHeart Mon 15-Apr-13 12:35:25

A crab.

MrsWolowitz Mon 15-Apr-13 12:35:48

A canary.

I still have no idea where she got it from.

GirlWiththeLionHeart Mon 15-Apr-13 12:36:19

And a half eaten doner kebab on a Sunday morning <gag>

Passmethecrisps Mon 15-Apr-13 12:37:17

A live stoat

It was stunned and my mum thought it was dead. It was a bit cross about being picked up by the tail. It was wounded and sprayed arcs of blood up the walls.

It was like a crime scene

yetanotherworry Mon 15-Apr-13 12:37:54

I was brought a lovely warm egg this morning as well. We have no nests in our garden so I couldn't return it and I still feel guilty about it now.

FreckledLeopard Mon 15-Apr-13 12:40:09

Over the course of the past week, we've had approximately 10 worms (those still wriggling were returned to the garden, the rest binned), 1 frog (it died), and a wholemeal roll (in a sandwich bag).

In the past month, as well as worms, frogs and toads, we've also been brought a rat (it was killed) and a gone-off cheese and ham panini. Bleugh.

mymemaw Mon 15-Apr-13 12:46:08

A half dead Magpie sad

Fairylea Mon 15-Apr-13 12:46:29

When dd was just starting to talk she excitedly shouted "og! Og! OG!!!!" over and over again.. I was mildly amused and said "yes dear..."

Until I noticed that my cat had brought in the largest, wartiest toad I'd ever seen. Hopping across the kitchen!

I rescued it and realised dd had been trying to tell me there was a frog !!

fuckwittery Mon 15-Apr-13 12:51:53

An injured mouse that was writhing and squealing in pain sad
awful awful awful
DH was out and I did not know what to do, knocked on neighbour's door who was out too, in the end I scooped it up in a dustpan and brush and flung it into the woods behind our house, aiming at a tree to knock it out. I know that was awful, but I could not bring myself to bash it over the head or anything, I just pray it was stunned. Still upsets me now!

CMOTDibbler Mon 15-Apr-13 12:52:07

A baby rabbit. When I was on a work conference call with important customers. And so cat ate it from the head down outside the glass door of my office as I tried to ignore the gore fest outside.

I do hate baby bird season as all three cats catch them, but never eat them. For some reason they like to leave them on the front step so anyone coming to the door is met by their offerings <boak>

higherhill Mon 15-Apr-13 12:59:39

Yes a baby rabbit here too. Ate it at the back door in front of children who stood watching in amazement. 'Mummy he's eating its ears now'...

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 15-Apr-13 14:06:50

Baby rabbit, slightly injured. I took it back to the field but it jumped out of my arms and scarpered.

I have the number of a local wildlife rescue now, I can ring them for anything else he brings in and give them a donation.

Missmuffet28 Mon 15-Apr-13 14:20:58

A live bloody pigeon!! Brought it in through the small kitchen window I don't know how he wrestled it in it was huge!! We were in bed on a Sunday morning when I heard the commotion I ran down starkers to see what was going on, so I'm flapping round the kitchen just like the pigeon trying to catch the damn thing when I finally catch it I'm like 'balls what do I do with it now?' Not like I could go outside and release it in my birthday suit lol!! Cats dancing round with eyes the size of saucepans and I just have to try and shove the thing back through the tiny gap in the window grin

YoniHaveToAsk Mon 15-Apr-13 14:22:41

Chickens and pheasants hmm

stinkyfluffycat Mon 15-Apr-13 14:24:18

An extremely large, freshly killed rat. Which I flung in the recycling bin instead of the normal bin by accident...

CharlotteBronteSaurus Mon 15-Apr-13 14:26:42

maimed, still alive baby rat
maimed, still alive and very flappy pigeon, which covered the entire house in blood-soaked feathers

i don't care what she brings in, as long as it doesn't have a pulse.

Kahlua4me Mon 15-Apr-13 14:27:16

Ours came in with a mouse last week. She dropped it at dh's feet and the mouse promptly ran up his trouser leg right to his hip. Dh didn't realise to start with as was on his computer and thought it was the cats tail rubbing against his leg!

When he looked up and saw the cat sitting on the table next to him he jumped up grabbing his leg and shouting.
Sadly mouse didn't survive the shock!

Kahlua4me Mon 15-Apr-13 14:29:44

* missmuffet* that would be my worst nightmare.
You are brave, no way would I be in the same room as the bird. Let alone trying to catch it!

Mutley77 Mon 15-Apr-13 14:51:11

Ours has brought in:
1) live baby bird
2) live mouse
3) dead mouse
4) dead (MASSIVE) rat
5) live pigeon
6) live squirrel

I have only seen 1 2 3 and 4. I can't cope with any unexpected wildlife in the house - DH was away for 4 and I had to call a neighbour to help. Luckily DH discovered 5 and 6 as we heard various commotions and he went to investigate.

Our lovely cat did only do this for his first 6 months-year - thank god. Unfortunately now we have emigrated and had to re-home him as he was the ideal pet once he stopped bringing wildlife in.....

Lovethesea Mon 15-Apr-13 16:20:06

Enormous pigeon which he then tore apart and defeathered behind the sofa. The DC came up to tell me the cat had brought a bird in, I went down expecting another sparrow or poor wren, met the cat in the kitchen where he was licking blood off his paws and looking very happy and the ominous feeling grew until I turned the corner and saw more feathers than I imagined possible on one avian.

Took forever to gather them all up.

At least he eats the small birds whole.

Now we have just put a cat flap in, I'm hoping he won't be able to fit much in through it as he's a tight fit himself.

Gerrof Mon 15-Apr-13 16:21:39

A dead bat.

A crow dragged through the cat flap black feathers everywhere.

A seagull.

Sparklingbrook Mon 15-Apr-13 16:24:53

Snake. Pic on profile. sad

Frogs - I can cope with anything but frogs.

Have had various rats, bats, moles, birds, magpies, squirrels, rabbits, postmen, over the course of my cat owning years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now