Why is my kitten so naughty??

(28 Posts)
SweetSeraphim Mon 18-Feb-13 19:16:23

I have a just turned 6 month old tortie kitten, and she is the worst behaved pet I have ever had in my life shock

She's very bitey and scratchy, horribly destructive, and seems to need company all the time or she miaows and whines.

I have had cats all my life, but I've had her since she was ten weeks old and she is the youngest I have ever had. None of my other cats have ever behaved like this and I'm finding it a bit stressful.

Is this normal for her age?

Schnapple Tue 19-Feb-13 23:00:00

My mum has a silver tabby, he is about 18 months old now. He is a little monkey!!!! He loves to play fight, bite and scratch. We thought when we got him neutered he would calm down..... nope! He is nuts! My mum has very expensive curtains and the cat used to climb them!!! He has pulled them down on several occasions! He unfurls the loo paper, attacks my mums knitting. He loves climbing the christmas tree. He plays tag with the kids a chases them! He has calmed down a little bit as he is getting older but we have just got used to his hyperactivity! My mum jokes that he has ADHD.

Not much help but you arent alone. I love my mums cat, he has such a great personality and whilst sometimes its annoying I wouldnt change him, he is hilarious!

cate16 Tue 19-Feb-13 23:23:07

We have a naughty tortie too.
She sits on-top of open doors, and has mad turns in the night. She's been a bit sad last few day because she lost her mate last week sad .
Today's favorite activity has been 'sofa bouncing'.. her trampolining from one end to other and back and me in the middle getting bashed up each time (big sofa).
She's very loving when she wants to be, and does occasionally bite when she get exciting during these 'loved up' moments - but a firm 'NO' and she stops and cuddles again.

VenusRising Wed 20-Feb-13 17:33:35

Sounds like normal kitten behaviour to me, bar the missing the litter tray.
Maybe sprinkle pepper on the places she puddles on.

Our 6 mo old kitten has a craze to go higher and higher - she climbs up on your shoulders and leaps on top of the doors.

I have her in the bedroom though, she has her little nest, and settles down there. Maybe put a bed for her in your bedroom? She may well be lonely?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now