new kittens - not eating/drinking much-when to worry

(6 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Sun 17-Feb-13 08:34:00

Some of the dry food for kittens is actually meant to be softened with water, I found out when mine wouldn't eat his biscuits.

Give it a couple of weeks and you won't be able to go into the kitchen without hungry growing kittens dragging you to the cupboard with the food in it.

cozietoesie Sun 17-Feb-13 06:25:09

Keep calm. It's a big ask for them to come to a new house and be normal right away.

scrummummy Sat 16-Feb-13 22:54:29

No same food and brand. But they are tiny, but they are playing we with each other and happy to be held and cuddled. Sorry 1st time kitten owner, had adults as a child but worrying.

2cats222 Sat 16-Feb-13 22:12:00

Were they totally weaned and eating dry food before you picked them up? If you have changed their food (ie if they were getting wet food/mixed diet/dfferent dry foof before) they may not want to eat what you have given

issey6cats Sat 16-Feb-13 22:08:43

i wouldnt worry too much they are babies and your house will be all new to them, tommorow morning put a little bit of tuna in thier bowlks if you have any it should encourage them to eat and get the idea that the bowls are thiers

scrummummy Sat 16-Feb-13 21:26:53

Hi we picked up our new kittens today. They are 8 weeks old. Got them home about 1ish put down water and wet/dry food but neither have eaten much a couple of mouthfuls of dry and a tiny bit of water. Is thus normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now