Cat sef harming/over grooming, what can I put on the wound?

(5 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Thu 20-Dec-12 22:23:20

Most essential oils are poisenous to them, I will confess to painting it on the fur around poorly areas though to prevent licking.

It works a treat.

Rikalaily Thu 20-Dec-12 20:47:36

You should get a collar put on until it has chance to heal, you can get these from the vet along with a suitable cream. Please don't put anything on yourself because she could get sick licking it off.

I'd also recommend a Feliway plug in, they release pheromones which relax the cat and are good for stressful times like introducing a new pet etc.

Goober Thu 20-Dec-12 20:45:43

You can use Sudocrem on animals, I have used it on my dog before, but should still seek the advice of your vet.

cozietoesie Thu 20-Dec-12 20:43:30

You need to get her to the vet, Onamincepiebreak. Don't attempt to treat her yourself.

Onamincepiebreak Thu 20-Dec-12 20:40:09

My baby (Siamese old girl) has always had a few emotional problems, but there getting worse, we just got a puppy and think this is too much for her sad

She's started licking and biting a bald patch, near her bum, and its now a big, open, weeping wound.

She did this before, when DD2 was born and it lasted a few months.

Before I got some tea tree cream to put on it, from the pet shop, but untill I can get down there, could I use sudocream? Or another antiseptic?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now