Kitten proofing: for safety!!

(51 Posts)
WeezyPeezy Wed 21-Nov-12 11:35:28

New addition arriving today!! Was hoping to have spare room completed in time for his arrival but due to DP's 'lazyarsitis'ahem.... Busy schedule, it is not. We have only our bedroom DSD's bedroom bathroom and hall or kitchen as condiderations due to our other fully grown feline boy and cat flap issues. DM has just pointed out all the kitchen hazards and now I'm in a panic. DP doesn't want kitten in bedrooms as he will get used to sleeping there. Hall/bathroom door seperates living space by glass door so no chance of other cat ambushing newbie. Any tips/suggestions?

WeezyPeezy Tue 04-Dec-12 19:57:50

He's grand tonight thanks, Ken. Having cuddles on the sofa. Him snuggly and comfy, me like a contortionist around him, as per!! grin

Kenanddreary Tue 04-Dec-12 18:31:13

Hope he's feeling lots better now Weezy. Poor little thing - but he'll probably be running around like a mad thing in no time!

WeezyPeezy Tue 04-Dec-12 11:43:22

Very true. I was floored with one of the Hep ones for days and I'm always ill will the flu one even though they say its not a live virus. He's much better today, thanks, although still sleepy. I pulled a sicky to spend a last morning with my big lad a mth ago before he got PTS. But trust me, I still thought of it!! grin

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 04-Dec-12 10:32:44

He will be ok, ours reacted like this to his first year boosters and it frightened the life out of us. DH pulled his first and only sickie to stay home with him.

It's like us when we have jabs, it makes you feel ill for a few days.

WeezyPeezy Tue 04-Dec-12 01:06:05

He didn't respond too well, Ken. thanks for asking. Lethargic, listless and poo'd some blood. Vet says not to worry, I called 3 times blush but he's snuggled in bed now. He's a bit toasty (poss slight temp l) but soon perked up for some little pieces of chicken and cat milk. On a late tomorrow so DP and I will take turns. Couldn't leave him today so DM and D sis kittysat a good while. DM is a great believer in 'Gran' cuddles!! smile they are pretty good I must say.

Kenanddreary Mon 03-Dec-12 20:46:46

He's gorgeous Weezy! What a cutie - he is completely munchable smile.

How did his jabs go today?

WeezyPeezy Sat 01-Dec-12 19:07:23

Isn't he, Fluffy?!!!!! I have to check my wee sis's pockets when she leaves the house as she's desperate to take him home. Looks quite big in the pic but he can actually still stand on my hand with all his legs. Jabs on Monday and I ain't taking him!! D daddy's job!!

WeezyPeezy Sat 01-Dec-12 19:04:48

Yay it works!! grin

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 01-Dec-12 19:02:21

I'm sorry he is too cute, I'm sending the cute police round to confiscate him!

Then I can cuddle him too!. grin

He's a lovely looking little chap. smile

WeezyPeezy Sat 01-Dec-12 18:59:48
WeezyPeezy Sat 01-Dec-12 18:55:33

DP posted an a copy paste link I sent to a friend....trying again grin

WeezyPeezy Sat 01-Dec-12 18:53:21

Crap wrong link!! Ignore

WeezyPeezy Sat 01-Dec-12 18:49:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 01-Dec-12 18:46:16

No.

Did you do the [[ ]] thing?

WeezyPeezy Sat 01-Dec-12 18:42:29

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90653437@N08/8228317516/
Does it work?

WeezyPeezy Sat 01-Dec-12 10:37:22

Oh dear, I don't know haha. Can you search by name? Gonna have another look later with a proper grown up's help!! grin

kenanddreary Thu 29-Nov-12 17:54:47

I am also having a technophobe moment! How do I find your photo on Flickr? When I go to the website I'm not sure what to do next! blush

WeezyPeezy Wed 28-Nov-12 21:50:13

Ammendment weezypeezy71!!

WeezyPeezy Wed 28-Nov-12 21:49:17

I googled it, Ken and I set up Flickr account but can't work out how to post link (technophobe + blonde moment) but if you go to weezypeez71 on Flickr you will see my gorgeous baba!! <3

kenanddreary Wed 28-Nov-12 20:49:36

Oh sorry Weezy - I don't know. Hopefully someone will come along and tell us soon. Is there a help section which tells you?

WeezyPeezy Wed 28-Nov-12 19:43:01

Just on main site for first time, how do I put a pic up? Have only on my phone....

kenanddreary Wed 28-Nov-12 11:31:53

I love ginger cats - please do put a pic of him on!

cozietoesie Wed 28-Nov-12 09:03:03

You need to put a pic on your profile, Weezy, so that we can see him.

smile

WeezyPeezy Wed 28-Nov-12 08:56:13

He's a long haired ginger, Ken. Been co-sleeping all wk. he's ever so sweet with his little scrunched up face in the morning. Cute to see his confidence grow every day. He's brought a breath of fresh air into the house since we lost our other lad 5wks ago. smile

kenanddreary Tue 27-Nov-12 18:52:08

Cute!! Cats are hilarious smile. What colour is he Weezy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now