Does your cat chase lights?

(5 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Sun 18-Nov-12 12:44:07

Mine admires himself in the mirror, he rolls onto his back to see his tummy.

Vain.

BeatTheClock Sun 18-Nov-12 11:53:10

They're such funny creatures aren't they? I remember as kittens when they saw their reflections - hilariousgrin. They grew out of that though.

I have two, my little tabby is the most ferocious hunter and avidly stalks the laser pointer, never gets tired of it! My older Russian Blue just watches her race round the room with a bemused expression as if to say 'she really has no clue, naive little thing'. Then he gets cross and jumps on her and the fur flying begins....

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 18-Nov-12 11:24:24

Ours chased the laser pointer but has recently realised its not real.

This revelation has upset him greatly.

I now have two redundant laser pointers.

BeatTheClock Sun 18-Nov-12 10:33:35

One of ours doesgrin Shine a torch and he's scrabbling all over the place trying to catch the light. My watch face reflected the sunlight and we couldn't understand why he was suddenly racing around the room, until we saw what he was looking at.

I've just been letting him chase a torch light up the wall. And since I've turned it off he just sits for ages staring at the wall wondering where it wentconfused He just can't figure this light business out.

Our other cat couldnt give a stuff about chasing lights. He's more of an attack your foot throught the duvet sort of character.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now