We are winners to rival Andy Murray!!

(12 Posts)
topbannana Sun 07-Jul-13 18:12:46

Today was the small dog show on the village green. Tensions were high as I know the local groomer has been booked solid and people were being very non committal about what they were/ weren't entering.
So we trotted off with our chairs, water and dogs, as well as my secret weapon for the fancy dress <mental note, never google when drunk>
We came back with a first in best puppy for the LandShark, a 3rd in best pair and a first in the fancy dress for GingerDog. I am beyond delighted, finished off by Andy Murray winning the tennis smile
Quick link to GingerDogs fancy dress and a timely reminder against drunk googling grin
youtu.be/YTvX_ThMr5E

TheCunnyFunt Sun 07-Jul-13 18:21:01

Well done smile it's a lovely feeling when someone apart grom you declares your dog to be gorgeous isn't it? The video was a bit blurry on my phone so cpuldn't tell what the costume was, what was it?

bassetfeet Sun 07-Jul-13 18:25:09

grin

LadyTurmoil Sun 07-Jul-13 18:47:09

that is the BEST dog fancy dress I've ever seen - hilarious! grin

saintmerryweather Sun 07-Jul-13 21:32:50

that is so cute! cunny it was the same outfit as the dog off the go compare advert

topbannana Sun 07-Jul-13 22:04:06

Aargh no!!!
I have never seen the Go Compare advert and was mystified when I heard it mentioned earlier today.
I came across this https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dog+fancy+dress&client=safari&hl=en-gb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=L9fZUan0M4mf7AbU6YCwCw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=416#biv=i%7C8%3Bd%7CcCBo7fSxeDuVRM%3A
and thought it would be a laugh < I was quite drunk at the time>
Anyway we had a laugh so all is well in the Bannana house smile

TheCunnyFunt Sun 07-Jul-13 22:38:37

Isn't the Go Compare dog wearing a tux though? confused

saintmerryweather Mon 08-Jul-13 07:19:14

ok nearly the same outfit, its a dog carrying a box. hmm brilliant op hes such a cute dog too!

TheCunnyFunt Mon 08-Jul-13 11:00:18

Just got on the computer and watched it again, that's brilliant! Did you make it?

topbannana Mon 08-Jul-13 11:23:44

Yes cunny I did, using my not particularly highly developed arts and craft skills as well as judicious application of gaffer tape, sticky Velcro and wundaweb grin

GrimmaTheNome Mon 08-Jul-13 11:28:52

Well done. What a good dog to calmly walk along with that on his back whatever it is exactly

topbannana Mon 08-Jul-13 11:32:53

DH says that we will have to hope and pray that nobody from the shoot sees it- not the done thing for working gun dogs apparently grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now