You may or may not remember, but I posted about this about a year ago. FINALLY got a photo of the multicoloured Labrador!

(25 Posts)
TheCunnyFunt Thu 11-Apr-13 22:47:22

Really MrsJ? That's good then! Well, it is if his owners wanted to show him anyway. Bloody Google hmm

MrsJaqenHgar Wed 10-Apr-13 02:49:14

He would not be disqualified from dog shows. There is nothing preventing him from being entered. But the fact that he is mismarked would be classed as a fault as the breed standard calls for solid colours only and he would be unlikely to be placed above non-mismarked dogs so not much point in entering.

My friend breeds Labs and has had the occasional mismarked pup but its usually just a splash of white rather than all over mismarking like this boy has.

CarpeVinum Wed 10-Apr-13 01:29:21

He's beautiful, a proper tortie.

We have a pack of similar coloured doggies. But they are cockers. A black bpy managed a sneaky moment of high passion with a red girl and ...well all the babies came out patchwork. They are utterly adorable. But very silly.

I think the effect in RL has even more impact on a shorthaired like a lab. I bet his owner can't move two feet without somebody wanting a closer look and a wiffle. grin

TrinityRhino Wed 10-Apr-13 01:16:27

wow what a lovely dog smile

I've just shown dh that picture, and we agree that the dog is gorgeous. He can come to visit any day!

milkymocha Tue 09-Apr-13 23:21:22

Ohh hes divine! Not a 'proper dog'? I'd pick him any day!

Jux Tue 09-Apr-13 23:13:55

He's lovely, and I'm not much of a dog person really.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Tue 09-Apr-13 22:57:48

It's quite sad really, because of his colouring, he's basically worthless sad no matter how good his pedigree is he'd be automatically disqualified from any 'proper' dog shows. I've been reading about Chimera or 'mismarked' labs online and found that out.

ReluctantBeing Tue 09-Apr-13 17:25:49

Awesome!

Bowlersarm Tue 09-Apr-13 17:20:35

So unusual. And very attractive. My two Labradors look a bit normal now!

WhatAGoat Tue 09-Apr-13 17:18:56

I love him smile

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Tue 09-Apr-13 17:15:37

Bowlers I was reading about Chimera Labs, and found out that it can happen when 2 embryos merge together in the womb. Obviously the 2 that merged with this dog were different colours grin

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Tue 09-Apr-13 17:11:45

Chimera!! I've been trying to remember what it was called, I knew it began with a C grin thanks boldly!

Looks amazing. Must be incredibly rare.

toboldlygo Tue 09-Apr-13 16:53:28

He's a chimera - very striking. smile

Wow, how unusual, and how stunning! Were the rest of the litter the same colouring?

Wow, I bet her walks take forever with people stopping to ask about the colouring smile Certainly a lovely looking dog though.

How unusual!

He looks like my friend's tortie cat but in dog form.

Bowlersarm Tue 09-Apr-13 16:38:21

How is he multi coloured? Assuming he is full Labrador, is it miss markings? He certainly is gorgeous

He's gorgeous!! I love all labs, but this one, in his coat of motley is especially lovely.

Woah. I've never seen a lab with such an unusual colouring <impressed>

hedgefund Tue 09-Apr-13 11:38:57

he's lovely!

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Tue 09-Apr-13 11:38:00

I know him and his owner to say hello to in the morning. We usually see them on our morning walk.

BiscuitsandBaileys Tue 09-Apr-13 10:29:02

Wow! How unusual!
Do you know him?

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Tue 09-Apr-13 09:49:38

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now