Should I neuter or is it too late?

(4 Posts)
TataClaire Sat 23-Mar-13 08:47:20

I'd go for it, if you want to see if it makes any difference to his behaviour you can get him a Suprelorin implant (injected like a microchip) which lasts up to a year - I did that with my boy as I left it really late and it worked a treat!

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 22-Mar-13 08:27:09

With male dogs beyond population control there is no benefit in doing it in a young dog and a middle aged one. I would make sure he has had plenty of time to settle in with you before he had the op though.

LtEveDallas Fri 22-Mar-13 05:54:43

It's never too late, and anything that reduces the risk of bringing more unwanted dogs into the world can only be a good thing.

(and yes, unsightly is an understatement, thank God men have to hide theirs away!)

I have a yellow labrador that I got six months ago. He is almost four and a half, but has not been neutered by previous owners. Are there any problems associated with neutering at this age or should I just go ahead and do it? Have to say, his balls are rather unsightly, so I'd be glad to see them go! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now