Dog Training School Berks/ Hants borders

(13 Posts)
MagicBoo Tue 26-Feb-13 14:26:58

Thanks you fanoftheinvisiblema we will look into that- great idea!

MagicBoo Tue 26-Feb-13 14:25:46

Wow thanks cuebilljustvisiting we obviously know you! smile Thanks so much x

lougle yes we know what we are doing do not worry! Its always good to ask though x We have an awesome behaviourist we refer to if the dog needs a little more than just fabulous training.

I have been teaching on and off for about fifteen years now; Agility (which I compete in at Grade 7), Obedience, Puppy, Flyball etc etc but we decided to sell up our agility training school when my son was born four years ago as i didnt have the time (or energy)! to commit to weekly classes, during this time I have continued with private lessons and regulary travel around to do training days for various clubs in the UK smile I mostly focused on foundations and jumping skills for agility.

All three of us are heavily involved in dog training and understand and use positive reinforcment methods we all also have made sure we have had regular and modern training on scientific behaviour as although we will not be advising on behavioral problems we belive its important to be able to read any stress signals etc that could be displayed by dogs in training classes.

I hope that makes sense smile

lougle Fri 22-Feb-13 21:51:07

Well there's an accolade smile

I'm glad I asked, because "me and two friends have started our own small business!" sounded a bit like 'right..got some time on my hands, what shall I do....dog training!' grin

cuebilljustvisiting Fri 22-Feb-13 09:24:02

These girls are very experienced dog handlers. (fab at agility!) experience coming out of their earssmile They have a qualified behaviourist who they work with if dogs need extensive treatment.

They have all got recognised qualifications. Lucky Hants/Berks dogs to have this new dog training school smile

lougle Thu 21-Feb-13 22:05:57

MagicBoo, are you and your two friends accredited trainers?

get yourselves on the apdt website - assuming you are registered with them - lots of people look for trainers through that route

The behavourist/trainer who we used hosted the puppy parties at our vets. They were free to attend but two of the six attendees at the one I went to signed up toa full course so I am sure it was a useful thing for her.

It gave me time to assess whether I liked her before we attended which encouraged me to sign up.

MagicBoo Wed 20-Feb-13 22:46:00

Brilliant! Thank you so much smile

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 20-Feb-13 21:16:20

Hi there
WE have removed your link
best of luck with this

MagicBoo Wed 20-Feb-13 20:18:40

I don't seem to be able to edit the post to take out our web link or remove it? I assume mumsnet will be on the case anyway to edit/ remove post blush

MagicBoo Wed 20-Feb-13 20:11:23

Oops sorry didn't mean to break any guidelines! Will delete my post if I can!

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 20-Feb-13 16:15:26

I have reported this post for advertising.

MagicBoo Wed 20-Feb-13 10:38:10

Hi fellow mums!

My little boy has started school now and me and two friends have started our own small business! I just wanted your ideas on advertising- we are starting a new puppy and dog training school (LINK REMOVED) on the Berks/ Hants borders and are busy trying to get our name out there- any ideas for advertising? We have posted in pet shops and vets but really want to help as many people as possible! smile

Its very scary but very exciting at the same time! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now