Does anyone remember my quest for another dog?

(91 Posts)
MrsDeVere Sat 02-Feb-13 14:52:21

Just had my home check done today.
Doggie due to arrive next Saturday (touch wood)

Squeeeeee!

bumpybecky Sat 02-Feb-13 22:59:00

just seen this - how very exciting! she looks lovely smilesmile

Iamaslummymummy Mon 04-Feb-13 10:22:47

Hows the puppy Mrs d?

MrsDeVere Mon 04-Feb-13 11:22:46

Not got her yet.
Had our home check on saturday and that was fine.
Waiting for details of pick up this Saturday.

I really hope she like catching mice. Its not essential but it would be a welcome bonus grin

Iamaslummymummy Mon 04-Feb-13 14:13:10

Ah, I thought it was this Sunday.I am so surprised how loving and gentle my dog is smile

MrsDeVere Mon 04-Feb-13 16:47:38

Really glad you are getting along well. Makes me feel a bit less nervous smile

<<counts down the days to Saturday>>

MrsDeVere Thu 07-Feb-13 11:07:59

eeeeek.
I have done the forms. Got to pin OH down to pay the donation today (he is the tax payer so needs to be in his name for Gift Aid).

Then look forward to sitting in a freezing car park for a few hours to pick up a smelly little dog.

Actually reading that back....it all seems a bit dodgy grin

onlyoneboot Thu 07-Feb-13 13:11:17

My pick up was at 7am in a car park. Had to leave at 5.30am to get there. Everyone thought I was crazy but it was all very organised and worth it. She was pretty smelly thoughgrin

LadyTurmoil Thu 07-Feb-13 13:33:47

Fingers crossed MrsD Looking forward to seeing photos of the new arrival

MrsDeVere Thu 07-Feb-13 13:54:52

Its weird. i have seen a whole set of photos but still cant get an idea of her in my head.

I think the problem is that she looks like a 'big dog'. She has big dog features and colouring. But you see her next to a cat and she is about the same size.

I am still half scared that I am going to be taking delivery of a massive GSD x Great Dane!

onlyoneboot Thu 07-Feb-13 14:34:02

that's funny, MrsD, I had sleepless nights worrying that Hope might be enormous even though I'd seen photos of her next to someone. She has GSD in her for sure but she is quite slight. Your pup-to-be looks similar but teeny and very beautiful.

MrsDeVere Sat 09-Feb-13 19:21:44

Got her!
Nightmare journey down to Thurrock because of a horrible accident on A406. It looked terrible. I hope that everyone got out alive.

So a 35min journey took two hours. Plus the time I was given for pick up was an hour later than the actual time! Eeek. Found out just in time to leave.

So we got her, in a car park, in Essex from two men in a van. It felt like some sort of drug deal.

She has her passport and all is legit.

She is LOVELY. She is quite long but only teeny. She has been sniffing about and obviously loves children. My eldest boy popped round and she is shameless around him. Mind you he does have that affect on most females hmm

I bathed her cos she pongs.

I am just putting up a photo on my profile.

NameAndChanged Sat 09-Feb-13 19:27:24

Shes lovely congrats.

Can I ask why people are fetting dogs from Romania though? Its the first ive heard of it. Are you in the UK?

What a sweetie!

Kennelly smell will fade after a bit and then the top of her head will smell of biscuits.

MrsDeVere Sat 09-Feb-13 19:38:35

She smelt mostly of hay confused
Not a bad smell but she was a bit greasy so I thought I had better give her a bath.

name I got her because she needed a home and they were willing to home her with me. I am not sure how long this has been happening but there are several rescues who home dogs from various countries including Romania, Cyprus and Spain.

There are a few overseas rescues, Name, all doing such good work.

Enjoy your little lovely, MrsDV x

LadyTurmoil Sat 09-Feb-13 22:09:47

Fantastic MrsD so glad it all worked out - picture is lovely - your children are all gorgeous too (from your MN profile). Congratulations x

BookieMonster Sun 10-Feb-13 02:09:17

She is beautiful, MrsDV!

MrsDeVere Sun 10-Feb-13 10:11:40

Little bit of whinging last night but not much.
Went down this morning expecting carnage but nothing! Just a very excited doggie wanting a cuddle.
No wee, no poo, no chewing confused

She is asleep on my bed because we are having a lie in but I will have to give her some breakfast.

I was expecting her to be dry food but she doesn't like it. I gave her chappie last night because that is what we have in. I am taking her and DS2 to the pet shop to buy her ID disc and some toys. I will have look at the food while I am there.

Any recommendations? She looks about 6-8mths old.

SpicyPear Sun 10-Feb-13 12:16:42

Aww glad it's going well. NatureDiet wet trays are great and can be bought online much more cheaply than individualy in the shops.

Aw, MrsDeVere, she looks absolutely adorable smile.
And it sounds like she is settling in nicely.
Congratulations on the successful addition to your family - I am still envy.
Enjoy!

LadyTurmoil Tue 12-Feb-13 11:35:04

How's it going MrsDV? How is new pup and how is your other dog feeling about the new addition?! Hope it's going well smile

MrsDeVere Tue 12-Feb-13 12:47:31

She is lovely! So friendly. Not nervous at all.
She wii fetch toys and this delights the children.

My other of s pretty miffed and is not responding well to her attempts at play sad
But he is tolerating her well. He isn't going for her.

I love her

digerd Tue 12-Feb-13 13:22:52

Male dogs don't usually go for a female. My neighbour didn't believe me as he said his won't let any dog onto his territory. He was astonished when they did meet and in his house, when he came running in and immediately fell in love with my little girl, who spurned his advances with a cat-like purring growl, which even on my lap she didn't stop doing. My male neighbour couldn't believe it himself. < my little girl is so pretty and cute, but won't stand persistant males> grin face.

SpicyPear Tue 12-Feb-13 17:35:39

More photos ? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now