Dog hates rain and it's pouring. Do I take her out?

(7 Posts)
foolonthehill Wed 30-Jan-13 14:34:34

look for the zip maybe she's a whippet in a fat suit???

Lottiedonnegan Tue 29-Jan-13 21:37:19

It stopped raining and we went out for 1/2 an hour! I don't think she really is a spaniel, I think she's is disguise!

MagratGarlik Tue 29-Jan-13 18:58:32

Our two hate the rain, but get walked in it anyway because one of them refuses to pee in the garden so if she isn't walked she pees in the house instead.

SpicyPear Tue 29-Jan-13 18:54:31

I have a rain averse dog. If you have ever tried to encourage 19kg of uncooperative Staffie to walk you will understand why only the puppy gets walked when it's wet. Luckily SpicyDog just finds a warm spot to sleep in.

If she will be miserable and refuse to walk I'd be looking for alternatives, like some training to tire her. But that might just be because I also hate the rain...

Twattybollocks Tue 29-Jan-13 10:15:20

Mine hates the rain, I don't take her out in it, it would be pointless. We just do lots of tug of war games to wear her out instead

foolonthehill Mon 28-Jan-13 23:02:05

shock a spaniel who doesn't like to get wet shock

play it by ear? How mad about the house will she get if she misses her walk?

Lottiedonnegan Mon 28-Jan-13 17:16:24

That's it really, she's a 6 month old working cocker spaniel, so an active dog. I normally take her out twice a day but had to miss her walk this morning.

Now it's pouring and she hates it. If she has to go out to wee she is out and back inside in a flash. Taking her out on the lead will mean her looking miserable and me
encouraging dragging her. Should I still go? (Not really life or death I know!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now