My dogs' beds no longer smell!

(26 Posts)
FaintingGhost Fri 02-Nov-12 11:20:39

We have two dogs, a Jack Russell and a Mini Schnauzer, they get walked all over the place, the beach, woods, fields, they roll in all sorts of revolting things (well, the Schnauzer does), and as a result their beds get pretty filthy. I put them through the wash fairly frequently but they come out still smelling doggy. I read a thread on Good Housekeeping about washing with white vinegar in the fabric softener compartment (as well as normal washing powder / liquid), so I tried it with the dog beds today. They smell fantastic! Not a trace of dog smell, I am so pleased! The dogs, less so. They like their beds stinky.

Of course, you may all have been doing this for years, but just thought I'd share, as it was a revelation to me!

MrsPennyapple Thu 21-Feb-13 16:48:46

Hurray! So glad it worked for you Mrsjay

A non-dog-owning friend was round this week, talking about getting a pup, her DH had expressed concern, and she said something along the lines of "but your house never smells of dog so maybe it would be ok." I was thrilled!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now