So who's watched/watching Hinterland?

(25 Posts)
Osmiornica Thu 23-Jan-14 22:29:50

Just seen this on Iplayer (taping the rest) and it's good so far. Managing to pick up the odd phrase in Welsh but good job they have subtitles.

AtiaoftheJulii Tue 28-Jan-14 14:26:12

I've loved it. Fantastic acting, beautiful scenery, and some convincingly grim stories.

ThistledownAndCobweb Tue 28-Jan-14 17:12:37

Absolutely loved it. I thought it was on a par with all the recent Scandi Noirs.

I missed the first episode but was gripped by the others. The scenery and filming was fabulous and the story lines excellent.

fussychica Tue 28-Jan-14 18:18:57

Must catch up with this - my DS is a student playing a studentgrin in one of the early episodes so I really should watch it, shouldn't I?

ThistledownAndCobweb Tue 28-Jan-14 19:38:50

You must watch it! Which episode was DS in?

Bamaluz Tue 28-Jan-14 19:54:04

I'm loving it too, especially the gradual way the DCI's back story is being hinted at and the way it makes him feel about some of the cases. Very subtly done I think.

dottyaboutstripes Tue 28-Jan-14 19:55:57

Loved it smile
I believe you can watch an English speaking version on iplayer. I watched in Welsh with subtitles and remembered/recognised lots of words & phrases from when I used to watch Pobol y Cwm back home on s4c

Bamaluz Tue 28-Jan-14 20:01:41

I'm watching the English speaking version, it's on BBC Wales on Mondays at nine o'clock.

Watched the first episode and am hooked.

napoleonsnose Tue 28-Jan-14 21:57:56

I watched it as well. It was excellent. Think I've seen 4 episodes - is it still on now as I haven't looked on iPlayer this week yet? Hope so - day off tomorrow and I can watch it instead of cleaning up my hovel of a house!

fussychica Tue 28-Jan-14 23:16:15

Thistle think it as Episode 4
storify.com/AberUni/filming-for-hinterland - he's the tall slim guy at the back!

Songbird Tue 28-Jan-14 23:20:57

We're loving it. DH works in Aberystwyth so lots of familiar sights. Amused last night when there were trains constantly whooshing past in the background at Borth - they go every two hours!

ThistledownAndCobweb Tue 28-Jan-14 23:28:47

Is he an Aber student Fussy?

ThistledownAndCobweb Tue 28-Jan-14 23:29:58

Is he an Aber student Fussy?

Songbird, we laughed at the trains as well.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 29-Jan-14 08:40:36

Episode 4 was grim, it's done so well out almost feels voyeuristic imo. Dh and I are completely hookedgrin
Liked the link between the police file and the Devil's Bridge episode.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 29-Jan-14 09:49:47

Anyone know what the poem was that was featured in episode 4?

fussychica Wed 29-Jan-14 10:13:59

Yes Thistle but he's on his year abroad at the mo.

AtiaoftheJulii Wed 29-Jan-14 18:23:43

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catullus_85

And yes, I get what you mean about voyeuristic - I'm not sure I can remember being so drawn into a tv show. It's remarkably involving. I think Richard Harrington is just amazing, I need to see him in other things.

And I see on Twitter that they are filming series 2 :-)

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 29-Jan-14 18:56:40

Thank yousmile

I couldn't hear half of it as the lecturer was reciting it as Dh and I had had a big row about how loud he turns the Telly up. He turned it low and said 'can you really bloody hear it this low?' And I said 'yes' of course I can you stupid man

mum2bubble Sat 01-Feb-14 00:06:24

Just discovered Hinterland yesterday and I'm catching up with it on Iplayer. I am enjoying it, but there are 2 things that I can't believe I'm alone in thinking. 1st, that Richard Harrington looks like a bearded younger version of the actor John Bowe (sorry, you'll have to google images him) and 2nd (apologies for this one), that DI Mared Rhys is just a teensy bit like Catherine Tate's enigmatic cop character. Or is it just me? blush

mum2bubble Sat 01-Feb-14 00:07:00

sorry ... iPlayer

Abzs Tue 04-Feb-14 09:07:34

It's gone off iPlayer already! And I haven't watched the second part of episode 4. Bloody iPlayer.

AtiaoftheJulii Tue 04-Feb-14 09:10:22

It's going to be on bbc4 at some point I think.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 04-Feb-14 23:19:28

Is that series 1 finished then?sad

Abzs Wed 05-Feb-14 01:33:05

Dunno. Looks like it. Both s4c and BBC say 4 episodes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now