This year's Cbeebies panto - A Christmas Carol.

(19 Posts)

Is fabulous. Best one in years. With the added delight of no less than the wonderful Floella Benjamin.

DippityDoo Sat 21-Dec-13 07:57:18

when is it on

Sirzy Sat 21-Dec-13 08:02:30

I have it recorded will watch it tomorrow.

MooMa42o Sat 21-Dec-13 08:06:39

Also Dave Benson Phillips & Humpty, don't forget humpty! smile Not sure when it is on again, we saw it yesterday.

Christmastimemoonbluesandwine Sat 21-Dec-13 08:18:40

It's on today at 4.35pm - have just put it to tape. Thanks for the tip.

AnneTwacky Sat 21-Dec-13 08:29:34

Dd is watching it now on I-player. Not only do we have Floella and Humpty, there's also Fingermouse and the ghost of Christmas Past is Derek Griffiths. smile smile

MooMa42o Sat 21-Dec-13 10:02:27

Fingermouse!! Ooh i must have been making tea whilst he was on, Brilliant!

snorris Sat 21-Dec-13 10:13:41

I've just looked at the planner to record it blush and the info gives today's as Cinderella?
Aha, checked tomorrow (Sunday) and it says it's on at 1pm. fgrin

Letzygonsbezygons Sat 21-Dec-13 17:59:08

Derek Griffiths????!!!! Yay!!!
Dave Benson-Philips?????!!!! Yay!
MUST see this.

RegainingUnconsciousness Sat 21-Dec-13 18:08:41

We watched half of it earlier. I was impressed that the Ghost of Christmas past wasn't actually a ghost, he had a different title (that I can't remember now).

DS got scared when DH let him watch the animated Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey in it, so I was a bit apprehensive of this one, but as usual they've toddler-fied it beautifully!

smaths Sat 21-Dec-13 19:17:16

I let out a squeeeee of excitement when I saw dame (or rather baroness) floella of Benjamin with humpty

I agree, really well written. I thought the songs were better then usual too.

Letzygonsbezygons Sun 22-Dec-13 17:40:21

was I a bit pathetic to cry when Derek Griffiths appeared? (Watched it today)? a big part of my childhood

(Disclaimer-we're having a Rotten xmas and everythings setting me off!) ANd when fingerbob, Floella and HUMPTY came on!!!!!!

Letzygonsbezygons Sun 22-Dec-13 17:40:42

the songs were very good this year.

XmasBuffetTablefor4 Sun 22-Dec-13 18:52:31

Loved it! Had to explain that the ghosts of Christmas past were all from what was CBeebies equivalent when I was a child. DDs looked totally non plused. I also used the phrase "when I was your age"!

Did anyone else spot the nod to Grange Hill in the music as they moved to the "school days" section with Mr Maker? Definitely one for the parents.

Nomorelies Sun 22-Dec-13 19:08:33

Xmas that's what I said to my DC too! I said about play school and it was a bit like Show me show me etc etc.

missd the grange hill bit.

Davros Mon 23-Dec-13 09:51:59

Must watch it on Catch Up. Dave Benson-Phillips was the signing man before justin I seem to remember

LetZygonsbeZygons Mon 23-Dec-13 17:44:41

Davros (2 days to go for the Doc!!! grin) yes I remember DB-P doing a makaton video, I was a nursery teacher at the time -eons ago, he was THE man of the time for kids wasn't he?

OodKingWenceslas Wed 25-Dec-13 16:46:26

I thought the acting was better than usual too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now