I'm really loving the Gareth Malone choir thing this time.

(37 Posts)
MardyBra Tue 10-Dec-13 23:37:46

I thought the last series was quite lame, but I like the way they're doing a range of music this time, rather than just popular songs.

I really enjoyed the bankers choir and the fire service gave the best performance.

Apologies if there's already a thread on this btw.

MrsShrek3 Wed 11-Dec-13 00:11:55

me too mardy I enjoyed last night's so much that I have just watched it again
I really like the Brummy lot but they didn't do themselves justice with that performance. some amazing choirs in there!

MardyBra Wed 11-Dec-13 14:11:53

I think Sainsbury's was definitely the weakest though. The decision to eliminate them was sound even if that soprano woman couldn't hear they were out of tune.

Lomaamina Wed 11-Dec-13 15:27:43

I enjoyed it enormously. That Gareth's a genius teacher - the way he gives criticism in just the right doses to keep people motivated.

Sparklingbrook Wed 11-Dec-13 15:28:55

I am just loving Gareth Malone <shallow>

MardyBra Wed 11-Dec-13 22:46:39

Yes, Gareth is so lovely. I'd like to have him nuzzle between my ample breasts.
(Apologies to Mrs M if you are on MN).

StarsUponThars Wed 11-Dec-13 22:51:06

Yay, I knew the Gareth-bosom-nuzzling thread would have to exist somewhere! smile

I've only seen the bankers, P&O, and Birmingham City Council so far. I luffs Gareth though, he's a bit if a natty dresser grin.

StarsUponThars Wed 11-Dec-13 22:52:00

*of

StarsUponThars Thu 12-Dec-13 17:56:08

So, it sounds like I have Sainsbury's and the Fire service to watch to catch up smile.

MrsShrek3 Sat 14-Dec-13 21:12:55

Mardy! there's surely not a MrsM?shock
(are you seriously telling me he's not gay?)

Sparklingbrook Sat 14-Dec-13 21:14:25

There is a Mrs M and a toddler and baby M MrsS. Mrs M is on Mumsnet too.

I love Gareth too. He's just so full of joy, can't help but feel happy when you watch him conduct. The pink/ginger beard freaks me out though.

MrsShrek3 Sat 14-Dec-13 21:35:08

I am seriously impressed now smile
I love what he does - his awesome talent and spreading the fun of music to all sorts of people, had to grin at him spreading Aida tho with the looks of pure horror on those faces!
yay for mrsM then smile

StarsUponThars Sat 14-Dec-13 21:59:30

Right, I watched all of them, then I stalked read about Gareth on Wikipedia, and asked DH if Gareth could be my celebrity whatnot. Gareth and Daniel Craig.

I love shows like this, I find them so life affirming for some reason - lots of normal people feeling nervous, but getting on with it anyway (and being great).

StarsUponThars Mon 16-Dec-13 21:31:40

Is anyone watching smile?

Sparklingbrook Mon 16-Dec-13 21:35:26

I am sky plussing. smile

SecretSantaFix Mon 16-Dec-13 21:40:29

I'm watching.

I do love the song choices this week.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 16-Dec-13 21:50:46

Loving the songs.

StarsUponThars Mon 16-Dec-13 21:52:37

Ooh, P&O.

MrsShrek3 Mon 16-Dec-13 23:56:41

watched it all, loved it. Really liking the different dimension this time.
Poor Brummies, I really liked them sad

StarsUponThars Tue 17-Dec-13 00:04:10

I loved it too. Although I was slightly distracted by making DS's nativity costume (then I read the thread about making costumes for plays grin).

I particularly loved it when Gareth was gospel singing and dancing grin.

MardyBra Tue 17-Dec-13 19:04:18

Just watched on iPlayer. I was 100% in agreement with the judges. P&O rocked. And sadly the brummies were good, but the poorest on the day. I do think they were given the hardest song to sing, though.

Was very interested to find out about gospel singing techniques. Feel quite inspired to have a go at it sometime.

StarsUponThars Tue 17-Dec-13 21:24:15

Mardy, you can be the extemporiser in the MN gospel choir grin.

But we won't tell you until the song starts. Just to keep you on your toes.

MrsShrek3 Wed 18-Dec-13 01:33:16

Stars, more impressed at you spelling it tbhgrin

Sparklingbrook Mon 23-Dec-13 12:56:45

Did anyone watch the final last night?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now