XFactor -Movie Week- THE RESULTS- It's the final frame...

(468 Posts)
dRaahhcula Sun 27-Oct-13 18:56:33

...but who for?

I think Joan is on shaky ground, and ICBINB was pretty rubbish. But will the Merkins be saved?

And I'm so exited about tonight, I don't even know who the guest acts are.
grin

SayCoolNowSayWhip Tue 29-Oct-13 12:16:24

Haha, Best XF review ever

I swear the writer has been reading our thread.....

Davros Mon 28-Oct-13 18:18:02

Oh yes, surely it's Halloween week or have they milked that dry?

SayCoolNowSayWhip Mon 28-Oct-13 18:15:27

They might get Joan doing her Joaned-down special version of I'm So Excited (On Opposite Day). Complete with zombie dancers (well it is Halloween).

They will go crazy with Hannah and pleather her up for her version of 'Cry For You'.

Davros Mon 28-Oct-13 17:43:30

How about You Make Me a Feel Mighty Real by Sylvester? That was a classic but not a lot to it so plenty of dancing required, heh heh. I don't consider Village People or Boney M ( much as I love BM) to be disco. Believe me, I was there! Ooh, how about Play That a Funky Music White Boy although more funk than disco IMO. Low Rider! Jaws! A bit of Sweetest Hangover, some Donna Summer?

dRaahhcula Mon 28-Oct-13 17:42:55

grin

I'm actually hoping to be back quite early like, before x factor starts as we are going early with the dcs. DD2 really should be in bed by 7.45, after all.wink

MaryZombie Mon 28-Oct-13 17:37:23

What time will you be home Raah?

Maybe we should all record it, wait and synchronise our watching so we could all start at about 9.30 and whizz through it in an hour? With no ads.

dRaahhcula Mon 28-Oct-13 17:27:37

I will- probably at 10am, because I am sad like that. grin

I don't want to go out<humbug> and the dress Iwas supposed to be wearing as a witches costumes (because, horrors, it's fancy dress) doesn't fit. Which is not really that surprising since it is 20 years and 3 dcs since i wore it last.

Maybe I can stay at homethlgrin

Raah, will you do us a naice new thread before you go out?

dRaahhcula Mon 28-Oct-13 17:23:27

Mary-the TellyMix site usually has the song choices on a Saturday morning- sometimes Friday.

Love some of the suggestions on here-especially the tenuous 'Panic at the Disco' connection- because tenuous is the name of the theme game on XFactor grin

handcream Mon 28-Oct-13 16:32:06

Really think the right group went. I dont think a young girl 6 months pregnant should be trying to win the X factor.

It probably says a lot about me that the 'god damn' bit didn't register on my 'might upset people' radar. But calling someone a whore did. grin

Oh yes, we so will
And a couple of gaga numbers thrown in for Tamehra/SAusage

Someone will do The First Time Ever - they're ALWAYS done.

LionelRichieAndTheWardrobe Mon 28-Oct-13 16:06:24

Arbitrary, I had to remind myself which one that song is, so I youtubed it. They bleep out 'god damn' but leave 'whore' to be heard grin

I think they have bulk bought the rights to some songs and are determined to use them, no matter what. We've got several more dreadful versions of snow patrol's run to endure before that one runs out, for example. They probably got build me up, buttercup in a buy 2 get 1 free deal.

If Joan doesn't die a death on disco week, we'll be getting her doing running up that hill in a couple of weeks. Mark my words.

I've never seen them do Erasure, tis true. Rhydian did Pet shop boys (BRILLIANTLY, remember the vaguely Hitler Youth version of Go West?). There are dozens of bands that are just never done, I assume cos they tell SyCo to piss orf.
Fgs, they've done 'build me up, buttercup' for about three years running, but never done a decent Elvis or Stones or even any Blur/Oasis - have they? Prolly a blessing though <shudders at memories of Beatles Week>

LineRunner: the could put Luke back in the boat and give him ship of fools to tackle.

Joan Lewis does murder on the dance floor could be a real possibility.

Now that I've suggested it, I think stinky Luke doing 'I write sins not tragedies' by panic! At the disco would be brilliant. It will never happen because singing about a bride being a whore is something even xfactor won't stoop to. Well, unless an actual celebrity wants to do it. Then they'd probably say 'yes'.

LineRunner Mon 28-Oct-13 15:27:08

I think she'll do Groovejet.

Will anybody ever do an Erasure song on the X Factor? Or would involve too many actual notes?

In recent times they've stretched a point with Disco to include 'anything vaguely up-tempo'. I suspect they just stick a pin in a copy of Now! That's what I call Disco Classics, myself.
Joan may yet get 'Murder on the dancefloor' as hers, it offers scope for Fey Pixie pronunciation and is a little bit hipster.

Disco Joan is going to be horrible. What if they make her dance?

Louis will give Luke 'nine in the afternoon' by panic! At the disco, purely because the band has disco in their name. Or 'mad as rabbits' by the same band (dressed in bunny ears in a telebubbies landscape). Or something equally vicarious.

I suspect the merkins love a bit of disco.

MaryZombie Mon 28-Oct-13 14:41:00

Where and when does Raah get the list of songs?

MaryZombie Mon 28-Oct-13 14:40:40

Boney M and Village People.

It might actually be good grin

dRaahhcula Mon 28-Oct-13 14:34:30

I promise to vote for whoever does 'Rasputin'grin

maybe

NoelOfLorst Mon 28-Oct-13 13:26:53

Oh god let there be Boney M

LET THERE BE BONEY M!!

NoelOfLorst Mon 28-Oct-13 13:26:15

Disco?

<squee>

DISCO!

YY Joan is so doing the JL version of Young Hearts isn't she?

Duff Copy will get Earth,Wind and Fire I bet....hmmm.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now