Any 'Top Gear 'fans out there?

(42 Posts)
SadBadMadFat Mon 23-Sep-13 19:05:19

Dc and I recently got into it, they show all old ones on Dave, some are REALLY old, according to Richard (I sooooo would!!!) Hammonds hair length.

But we are cracking up with laughter at the programme.

the guys are so funny, so slapstick, weve learnt loads about cars now (petrol heads unite), DC and I partial to a bit of Hammond grin although all 3 guys are great...okay, Clarkson goes a bit overboard sometimes with the un-pc stuff, love James Mays bovine demeanor,and we love the Stig too.

the episode where Loius Spence is coming on to Hammond was hilarious, and weve just wathched the Bolivia special.

really cheered us up, we're both ill with flu atm and we're coughing our lungs up but well worth it to have a good laugh.

anyone else like it?

I am a bit hmm with the expense of destroying the cars and things and the stunts but im sure its all scripted and fixed.

NoComet Mon 23-Sep-13 21:36:39

Although tonight DD1 who has a cold and is feeling rotten decided therapy was having Looney Luna driving a Lego bus TG style along a railway line and into a truck.

They completed the Harry potter xbox game in the holidays and the freeplay afterwards is very very silly.

SadBadMadFat Mon 23-Sep-13 21:53:10

very old school jokes when people got away with them arent they?

DD has a couple of cars she made from lego friends and we drew a track on a large sheet of paper and shes been 'stigging' and 'star in the carring', saying ''round Chicago, here's Hammerhead, and lastly Gambon...''. then saying to the lego girl ''you did it in.....1 minute.....40......6 seconds''. !! she knows it all by heart now grin

thishouseisashittip Mon 23-Sep-13 23:19:31

Thanks Sadbad, I am sure he will be spoilt rotten so will have a lovely day.grin

I love the specials, they are the best episodes! Go to say the American one when they went down South made me cringe a bit!

VivaLeThrustBadger Tue 24-Sep-13 17:43:08

I cringed at the episode in the latest series where they took the hovercrafts down the river and blew the restaurant tables away and sank the rowing boat. Even though I know those people would be actors I was still cringing1

SadBadMadFat Tue 24-Sep-13 18:03:33

haven't seen that one viva yet. watching todays now with DC.

SadBadMadFat Tue 24-Sep-13 19:55:33

Ha ha ha. James getting to the chat show first in New York only to find out its an exercise channel!grin

and the name of the Amish town, 'Intercourse, Pennysylvania'!

VivaLeThrustBadger Tue 24-Sep-13 20:10:32

It's like when they went to Penistone in the last series.

They rigged the sign on the gates so one gate said Penis and the other said Stone.

NicholasTeakozy Tue 24-Sep-13 20:51:56

I love Top Gear. I know many don't, but so what? It's not really about cars, it's about blokiness and mates. My two daughters love it too, they are forever quoting Clarkson, a chap I can take or leave. I do envy Hammond a little, he got to ride a Vincent Black Shadow. Probably the best bike ever made. Made in Stevenage should be a badge of honour just to remember Vincent Motorcycles.

SadBadMadFat Wed 25-Sep-13 19:20:38

OMG next time I nc I might call myself RichardHammonds eyes !!!

theyre gorgeous! I could eat them. munching a few choc minstrels now!

theyre like Mat Bayntons eyes!

mind you, the rest of RH isn't bad either!I watch the crap that's Wipeout now just for RH too!

oinktopus Wed 25-Sep-13 20:29:22

I have a love/hate relationship with it. I'm embarrassed by the things they say (although I think they employ satire more often than they're given credit for) but yet I look forward to it on Sundays and still watch the repeats on Dave.

They haven't had any genuinely new ideas for years but when they did do things for the first time, it was often genuinely funny. The first amphibious car challenge was really good fun (as was the second, to be honest). The specials can be hit and miss, but much more hit than miss. The Vietnam special is my favourite episode of Top Gear and probably always will be. It was funny and/or interesting pretty much the entire way through. Of the places they haven't been yet (for specials), I'd quite like them to do Russia, Australia, Canada, China, and go to Scotland more often.

SadBadMadFat Thu 26-Sep-13 17:07:57

Surpeised they havent done Australia yet.

the polar special was on today and the one on at 5.20 today should be interesting-following the path of the 3 wise men!!!!

3 petrol heads more like ha ha. looking forward to it.

SadBadMadFat Thu 26-Sep-13 18:57:55

Ha ha ha ha ha! I just choked on my cuppa at the Bethlehem episode.

Baby Stig in the manger! classic! grin

VitoCorleone Thu 26-Sep-13 19:05:45

Absolutley love love love Top Gear, especially when they do the specials, brilliant tv.

SadBadMadFat Thu 26-Sep-13 19:18:41

did wonder what they were smoking though from the hookah/hubble pipes or whatever they are called!!

oinktopus Thu 26-Sep-13 19:39:06

Sad Hehe! And they have caramelised cocaine on the Bolivia special. grin

SadBadMadFat Wed 02-Oct-13 17:30:54

How does Clarkson get away with it?

recent programs without the beep deletions, hes said:

retard, bollocks, cock (May says that a lot too).

I love it :-) it's great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now