I haven't seen Emmerdale or Corrie for two whole weeks- I'm cured aren't I?

(8 Posts)
AtAmber Mon 02-Sep-13 21:41:01

We stopped watching them for a week in 2003 when we went on holiday. I haven't watched one since then. I have to be really strict with myself though. I think I would be sucked back in to Coronation Street if I watched one episode!

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Mon 02-Sep-13 21:12:47

Good for you Chimney smile I have times when I don't watch them for 6 months or whatever & feel 'cured' but something happens and I end up sucked in again - but - I don't really care. It's something mindless on in the background while I MN, it's not like I stay home to watch them or I'd be reading something 'educational' instead grin

SkivingAgain Mon 02-Sep-13 21:11:45

You are cured! I gave them up 17 years ago, at first i just read the tv guide to keep up. Over time i didn't know any of the characters

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Mon 02-Sep-13 21:10:37

Yes she is, but even knowing that & knowing it's a bloody soap FFS, tonights episodes had me in floods of tears. I love Roy, Hayely & Fiz.

I don't watch EE either.

Yeah, I get fed up with them too, but end up watching them! LOL - well, they're on in the background while I'm on here!

ChimneyDeep Mon 02-Sep-13 21:08:23

Dh and I went cold turkey on soaps a few years ago and have never looked back. Honestly, I watched them for years and now couldn't give a monkeys, nor do I recognise the names/plots mentioned. I must have claimed back years of my life!

Well done!

Hayley / the actress is going isn't she - so are they going to have her die?

TBH I got sooo hacked off with alot of the storylines-- the vets. Home Farm. The whole Debbie/Cameron/Chas triangle.

I used to be a huge Eastenders fan but now if I see anything about it I don't recognise the characters at all.

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Mon 02-Sep-13 20:48:48

Hayley is in hospital having her OP sad

Paddy, Rhona & Vanessa are working through withdrawls - Marlon has taken the baby.

I was on holiday for a week. Came home and didn't watch catch-up. So now I've gone past the 7 days catch-up and I haven't bothered to try.

I haven't seen Eastenders for months either (I watched one episode where Max's wife was convincing him she was pg)

And Doctors - noooooppe can't remember when I saw that last .

I'll dip back in for Hallowe'en and Christmas. Because, bless them, they have a rubbish time.

Skips away, lightened.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now