GBBO starts tomorrow!

(988 Posts)
Forgetfulmog Mon 19-Aug-13 09:36:09

Very excited!

Paul Hollywood does piss me off tbh, but I love seeing all the cakes & stuff. Will probably have to make something to eat whilst watching it though...

I'm sad Glenn went.

Ruby gives me more and more rage each week, she couldn't be more false and if Paul isn't giving her one in the green room, I'll eat my hat. hmm

I want Francis to win smile

lovelychops Wed 02-Oct-13 22:38:38

I may be a bit controversial here, but I'm really not a fan of Christine. I can't put my finger on why, but she's just meh for me.
When she's talking I find her boring yet trying to hard at the same time. Which doesn't make sense I know. Everything she's chooses I think is a bit safe, and she's doing all her tried and tested recipes - rather than pushing herself. I'm sure that's allowed, I'm just not feeling her. Sorry!

Follyfoot Wed 02-Oct-13 22:42:59

We cant bear Christine in our house funnily enough. And its her commentaries which irritate, rather than Kimberly's. Plus Eccles cakes and spotted dick were things we were making in the 3rd form at school. Oh and her 'unique' pastry baskets were identical to the diagrams in my school recipe book fro the 70s which I've still got grin

I'm not a fan of Christine, she's very 'know it all' because she's older and that's just not cool.

Oh, Mary Berry is coming to a very local even of ours this weekend, I'm quite excited. blush

VikingVagine Thu 03-Oct-13 06:37:24

I've taken the liberty of starting a new thread here seeing as this one is almost full.

ModernToss Thu 03-Oct-13 07:24:02

We can't stand Christine either, for all the reasons stated above. Really hope she doesn't win.

Right, will move to new thread now.

GBBO2MAB Sat 05-Oct-13 10:58:19

Hi All,

Sounds like lots of you are enjoying the show.

Just wanted clarify something about taking part in the marquee: Whenever contestants are shown talking, without the judges or Sue/Mel being there, 95% of the time they will have been asked something by a producer. The question, and sometimes the context, is then edited out and sometimes the video and sound are even edited separately.

Please don't assume the contestants are 'naturally' narrating their techniques or voicing their thoughts.

Have fun with the rest of the programs! :D

Mary-Anne

ExitPursuedByADragon Sat 05-Oct-13 10:59:40

^^^

shock

Fakebook Sat 05-Oct-13 14:25:35

shock shock shock

ArtisanLentilWeaver Sat 05-Oct-13 17:49:00

shockbiscuitshock

ExitPursuedByADragon Sat 05-Oct-13 20:57:50

bear

mignonette Sat 05-Oct-13 22:37:09

Why the biscuit Artisant?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now