"Les Revs"/ The Returned - thread 3 for the final episode 9pm Sunday 28th July - NO SPOILERS!!!

(316 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Jul-13 13:31:15

Thought i would start a thread for last episode and all our musings grin

will we find out the secret of the town/dam/les revs - or will we need to wait till 2nd series ..............

'blondes waits in anticipation'

rosy71 Thu 25-Jul-13 20:42:02

Isn't it just that we're not seeing everyone else in the town because the story is focused on the revs, not that everyone else has vanished. Most of the revs seem to be at the hostel with Pierre.

What is the time frame since they returned? Is it just a few days?

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 25-Jul-13 20:50:18

I still want to see what happened to Simon - everyone one else has had their death shown

The pub/diner is always empty now - so where did everyone go

And regards to may killer programme - murdered not muntered lol

Disclaimer: I'm rubbish with names btw.

But I think Simon was killed by thingio - Adele's policeman partner. Think he'd been obsessed with her for a long time (he's very creepy with all the CCTV etc.) and so he murdered Simon & took advantage of the vulnerable and suicidal Adele.

I found it all very spooky with no-one being able to leave the village last week. I think the brother (the nasty killer one) was 're-claimed' by the lake as they tried to swim across.

Sorry if this was all discussed on the previous thread. Was it? blush

IdaBlankenship Thu 25-Jul-13 21:03:20

If Simon had committed suicide, they would have showed it by now. It has got to be a murder. I'm not sure Thomas is involved in his original death though - that would be a bit too neat.
Blondes - thanks for the correction, I never saw the May thing and I was a bit confused about the muntered reference!

ILovePonyo Thu 25-Jul-13 21:10:38

Hello! Nothing to add theory wise bit just marking my place.
Can't believe it's the last one this Sunday confused

ILovePonyo Thu 25-Jul-13 21:10:56

*but hmm

rosy71 Thu 25-Jul-13 21:11:31

There's no one in the pub or diner because the electricity has failed. In a previous episode the police were visiting everyone's houses, checking they were ok. Pierre invited Camille and family and others to the helping hand because they had a generator there. I don't know where everyone else is. Presumably they're at home or they left, or perhaps they don't exist.

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 25-Jul-13 21:16:40

I've always said I think Thomas killed Simon

Good point about no electricity and why all at helping hands as have generator

Tho surprised if no power that everyone doesn't kick up more fuss - ie moan about no power and what to do

Can't wait for Sunday smile

ShowMeTheCoffee Sat 27-Jul-13 22:30:53

Hello all.

Have been deliberately avoiding this thread until finally caught up on 4O'D.

Does Mme Coasta(s?) really remember how she died? She has given different explanations to different people.

As to people leaving, do you think it's only les revs who can't leave? Like the brother being swallowed up by the lake and the doctor and policeman not being able to drive out of the town because they were trying to take Victor with them.

DH and I are totally hooked to this show. It's brilliant.

Anyone know how long we'll have to wait until series 2?

ShowMeTheCoffee Sat 27-Jul-13 22:39:35

Doctor and policewoman I should have said.

anyway, enjoy it tomorrow night!

Aethelfleda Sun 28-Jul-13 08:38:47

Ooh, I can hardly wait!

Shall we have a sweepstake for the oldest rev and the most arch-baddie plot reveal? I vote for Victor being the oldest rev and Mr Costa being up to his neck in the original doodah.....

rosy71 Sun 28-Jul-13 11:19:47

Can't wait either!

hangsbyathread Sun 28-Jul-13 11:57:17

Hi all i have been lurking since thread one.

I think Mme Costa has died in at least one of the ways she told people she had died.

Her husband set fire to her as she was tied up in the house - when Simon was shot he 'died' again for a short while. So when she said she died in a fire that could have been what she meant.

I suspect she is telling the truth about starving to death in the last flood. That rang true.

So excited for "Le horde" tonight!

I'm expecting SOME answers, but more questions, and I'm fine with that. I have a masochistic love for TV that ends with cliffhangers and unresolved questions. I suspect that series one of Les revenants is sort of a set-up for what will come after.

Alconleigh Sun 28-Jul-13 12:53:10

I hope Serge isn't back in the lake for good...it took me until the episode where he had sex with Lena to notice how hot he is, and now I can't notice anything else.
I've not added anything there have I? blush I blame this hot weather...

Ooh I am excited about this.

susiedaisy Sun 28-Jul-13 13:24:24

Serge's character- yuck!!
Serge's body - yummy!!

VivaLeBeaver Sun 28-Jul-13 13:33:44

Marking place . Very excited!

marciaoverstrand Sun 28-Jul-13 16:09:29

Just read on daily fail online (sorry) that its going to be remade by UK and US tv. How rubbish would that be.
Me, dd, dm and dh all have watched, in different parts of the country, and compared theories!
Roll on 9pmgrin

I am counting down the hours. Best bit of telly in ages. Thankfully, the last season of 'Breaking Bad' starts soon so I won't be bereft for long.

amigababy Sun 28-Jul-13 16:15:23

bonjour tristesse when it finishes.

and I know someone who looks almost exactly like Thomas. Which is creepy!

qazxc Sun 28-Jul-13 17:59:30

Juste trois heures a attendre! Je suis tres excitee!

IdaBlankenship Sun 28-Jul-13 18:42:45

Oh a remake on the go already - what's the point? Everyone would know the story by then.
I can't believe its the final one already.. very excited

teejwood Sun 28-Jul-13 21:02:58

Sorry not to have been around - just wanted to jump in quickly to say heads down for our last ep! Maybe we'll get some answers <fat chance>
wink

VivaLeBeaver Sun 28-Jul-13 21:05:52

Who's the bloke shouting to Camille?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now