Will it be an INJECTION if cash for Leah or will Lord Sugar ice the CUPCAKE dream if Louisa? Its thw Apprentixe final!

(543 Posts)
Allthingspretty Wed 17-Jul-13 08:59:30

Will it be a sweet ending for Louisa or will Leah's dreams be filler-filled?

SwedishEdith Fri 19-Jul-13 00:31:29

In theory, if they go into the more lucrative private sector, they will be paying back the cost of their training in taxes.

RussiansOnTheSpree Fri 19-Jul-13 00:32:18

Sorry - I meant you pay back the lot if you go to work in your profession in the private sector. Not if you go and work in a call centre or something like that.

RussiansOnTheSpree Fri 19-Jul-13 00:32:38

Swedish and if you believe that.......

CatsAndTheirPizza Fri 19-Jul-13 02:12:28

Maybe Leah's been given feedback that she's no empathy/will make a rubbish doctor, which is why she applied? Can't believe with competition for medical places at university so tough that they let her in - how depressing.

They were a bit mean to poor old Jason in the final show!

waikikamookau Fri 19-Jul-13 06:53:52

but did you see Karen's face when dara was so rude about jason, she obviously liked Jason.

waikikamookau Fri 19-Jul-13 07:59:29
waikikamookau Fri 19-Jul-13 07:59:47
RussiansOnTheSpree Fri 19-Jul-13 08:08:09

You do realise that's just for show? She won't have time. Not if she is going round the country training what sounds like minimum wage level people to inject poison into people's faces. And sugar won't let her. He was worried about Luisa owning other businesses, he isn't going to let Leah work full time in a masters degree and part time on their business. As if anyone would offer her a place on a masters course.....when her contract is up, that'll be it.

waikikamookau Fri 19-Jul-13 08:17:16

I think sugar will let her, if only to stop the negative remarks about her nhs training.

RussiansOnTheSpree Fri 19-Jul-13 08:23:48

He won't care about the negative remarks.

Anyway, it's nice to see that Luisa has secured £500K of funding from a business angel group. I'm no fan of cakes (I know that vegan baking is a thing now, but when I w a kid there was no such thing as dairy free cakes so I never got the taste for them and I'm not minded to develop it at this time in my life! grin ) but she had a decent business idea and she is obviously committed to making it work with or without old grumpy chops.

LaVolcan Fri 19-Jul-13 08:30:38

I couldn't see why Sugar got so hung up on Luisa's other businesses. The were in the same sort of area: cupcakes and home baking are not a million miles apart. She was employing staff to run them. Does Sugar run all his businesses himself, or does he employ staff?

I definitely think he saw £££ sign's with Leah. Who is apparently going to do a Masters, train staff in her botox clinics, (and continue in A & E, or will that bite the dust?)

He should have gone with Francesca.

RussiansOnTheSpree Fri 19-Jul-13 08:36:21

Francesca had a terrible idea. She hadn't researched the market at all. It's completely dominated by the branded classes.

Also - that 'dance' she did in Leah's pitch was a bit bobbins.

mynameismskane Fri 19-Jul-13 14:46:22

I know Luisa very well (don't want to say too much to out myself but I assure you this is the truth) and she is absolutely fine with coming second. She has a LOT of self belief and is determined to be someone and I have no doubt she will be! Her parents are fantastic by the way and gave her everything - she was and is a very lucky girl.

Chubfuddler Fri 19-Jul-13 15:01:22

She came over better in twenty minutes with dara than she did for most of the show tbh. Seemed much more natural.

olidusUrsus Fri 19-Jul-13 15:02:12

If anything, I think Luisa's done the best here, better than Leah anyway. I agree with Russian, no way will Leah take leave to do a Masters, no way will she be allowed to traipse around the country providing training and not because she has 0 experience and I strongly doubt that the '40 years left of my life to devote to the NHS' prophecy will come true either.

Luisa got exposure, she matured and now she has a huge investment. Probably with much fewer strings attached that Sugar's offer, too.

squoosh Fri 19-Jul-13 15:05:34

It's always best to be a runner up in a reality show. The same amount of publicity but with far less hassle.

RussiansOnTheSpree Fri 19-Jul-13 16:07:09

I thought Luisa's apology to Jason was very sweet. Obviously no idea if it was genuine. But it seemed so.

olidusUrsus Fri 19-Jul-13 16:18:24

Yy squoosh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now