Men's Single's Final's !!!!

(1000 Posts)
magimedi Sun 07-Jul-13 08:47:42

Are we all ready for it?

Maryz Sun 07-Jul-13 10:00:41

They are talking about Inverdale in Feminism atm. I suspect they won't like him much over there grin.

What's with this other thread in Chat [disapproving]? Are we not good enough? I'm sure there will be an "AIBU to want Andy to win?" thread soon as well.

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 10:01:57

Maryz- I can feel another 'i agree with everything you say' afternoon coming on. So I'll say it now, saves time. grin

Morning folks! As always I'm team Murray, I will not however trash talk about djokovic. Brownies honor!

Ds is at the park with dh for an hour or so! Long nap anticipated grin

I seriously hate John inverdale, if he goes can he take castle with him too please? I bet castle put him up to it (sorry Olivia)

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 10:04:00

or maybe not correct grammar grin

What do i know? <shreds English degree>
grin

If in doubt leave it out is my apostrophe mantra!

No degree here!

Maryz Sun 07-Jul-13 10:06:31

[arf]

I lurves you too, Raah.

Unfortunately for me, 2 pm is kids getting up time. The sitting room will be filled with half-naked bodies with massive feet taking up all my sofa room hmm. The boys will watch it, but dd will moan. Normally I could bribe her with cinema money, but it's too hot today.

ClayDavis Sun 07-Jul-13 10:10:28

Team Murray, here.

I'm going to agree with Maryz as well. Except there's a tiny part of me that doesn't want Murray to win this year because people will say he won the year the big players went out in the early round. They'll conveniently forget that he's going to have to beat the world number 1 in the final to win.

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 10:12:34

Glaikit- I love that mantra.

It's funny- the older I get, the more I question grammar and spellings in everything I write. i used to be pretty confident. I will write convoluted, awkward sounding sentences to avoid getting tripped upgrin

Maryz Sun 07-Jul-13 10:13:45

More like this

bleurgh

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 07-Jul-13 10:17:58

DS1 is not quite 5 and he used an apostrophe correctly when he was writing the other day. I was so proud grin

Raahh I'm the same, spend ages second guessing myself. Really annoying.

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 10:19:51

Well, I am Team Tennisgrin- and so long as the media doesn't suddenly proclaim Murray is a god when he wins, I'll be happy for him. If it all gets ott in the media, it may undo a lot of the massive positive PR campaign prior to this.

I feel very sad that the tournament is ending-and again Nadal has been largely absentsad- but Ferrer has done well, and I've become a Del Potato fan, so all is not lost.

sieze- we don't have sky either,and since I've never let Dh het it for the football, I can hardly decide we can afford it for the tennis.grin I hope there will be more shown on 'proper' tv, as obviously with Murray as defending champ, there will be more interest (so he's good for something, after all)grin

painforlife Sun 07-Jul-13 10:21:37

may I join in this fun thread grin sorry but <team Djok> here smile it will be a tremendous final.

also absolutely shocked that a BBC commentator could allow such trash to come out of his mouth #completeass

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 10:22:13

Ali- it's funny, isn't it? It's just crept up on me, and things I would never question before, suddenly I'll avoid writing.

Like 'Ladies' Singles Final'
wink

Maryz Sun 07-Jul-13 10:23:48

Welcome, painforlife smile

How about "The final of the competition for single ladies" grin

I'm good on apostrophes. And since the advent on automatic spell check on Chrome very good at spelling. Commas get me a bit.

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 10:23:49

pain- please do, I think we need more Djok supporters, for a nice balanced threadgrin

I'm very pleased that I was very restrained yesterday, and have plenty of fake Aldi pimms left, to enjoy the afternoongrin

Maryz Sun 07-Jul-13 10:24:29

And I start half of my sentences with And or But, which is apparently a crime against pendants.

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 10:25:02

Maryz- that is exactly the kind of thing i mean (makes a note for next year)grin

I have a Wimbledon thread cliche Bingo card- first person to call Murray'dour' gets DD2 in the postgrin

Maryz Sun 07-Jul-13 10:25:26

Do you know that neithere Aldi nor Lidl sell fake Pimms in Ireland.

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 10:28:56

Right- we need milk.

back later.

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 10:29:24

Maryz- that is appalling!!

Chipstick10 Sun 07-Jul-13 10:30:23

Dh got two tickets for the final and I have given them to the kids.they are getting ready right now making up salads and drinks.

I prefer whiskey pimms, do you know common and garden pimms is gin?? <boak>

Dipstick are you mad?????

This thread is not accepting new messages.