WIMBLEDON 2013-Men's Quarter finals day- Ace!

(637 Posts)
Raahh Wed 03-Jul-13 08:47:34

Here we are wonderful Wednesday
ORDER OF PLAY

Of course I'm rooting for Ferrer- Vamos! But would love Del Potato to dowell too,so torn.
Kubot/Janowicz, bit difficult to call really.
Would love Berdych to triumph over Djoko- (then Ferrer can whup him in the semi'sgrin)
Am going for Verdasco- obs, as he's Spanish, and it would be wrong not toogrin - I'm sure Murray is not without support!grin

here's to a limited rain disruption!
tennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennis

I would love to see a few of the oldies playing. This made me smile. I really like Martina, McEnroe and Becker as commentators.

I cannot stand Henman, really pisses me off when he commentates.

magimedi Wed 03-Jul-13 22:35:55

I'd like to see a Jancowicz Del Potro final!

I agree Chub, I hope the magic pills keep working for Del Potro and I hope the naysayers are wrong about Murray, but he has done well to get this far!

I could almost handle Del Potro beating Murray, that is the final I want, but absolutely want Murray to win.

Chubfuddler Thu 04-Jul-13 05:32:22

Kyle Edmund is through to the quarters in the boys singles which is brilliant. It's reassuring andy doesn't seem to be an an abberation, there is some young talent to follow in his wake in a few years.

siezethenight Thu 04-Jul-13 08:23:41

Good morning all!
I am up and ready to go visit my Nan again - she's got knickers drying over her shower rail and I have to go get them down for her before the council men show up to rip her bathroom out! She rang me last night and said, 'God love, my knickers!?' She can't reach them so I think the community nurse must have popped them up there to dry grin
Well - once AC/DC is done on the radio - I will head off.

I shall be back in good time for raahh's new thread if we are having one and *badkittens' weather forecast.
Am trying to remain upbeat but its Thursday which means only tomorrow to go and then its finals days and then its over sad

siezethenight Thu 04-Jul-13 08:25:18

We thought Potato said mushy peas yesterday not magic pills so ds now says, 'Has potato had his mushy peas then?'

ClayDavis Thu 04-Jul-13 08:52:32

Morning, I'll have some of El Potato's magic pills. Having had the first pain free day since watching Robson on Saturday, I did my shoulder in again when Murray broke in the 5th set.

Only 4 days of Wimbledon left. sad

Raahh Thu 04-Jul-13 09:51:47
Raahh Thu 04-Jul-13 09:53:24
CatsAndTheirPizza Thu 04-Jul-13 10:38:54

Posting on this thread because it's still about yesterday.

Murray's a nice guy - he tweeted this about Garry Richardson's stupid interview questions: 'Don't be too hard on garry richardson he had a bad day and he apologised afterwards'.

Raahh Thu 04-Jul-13 12:10:36

That's really nice of him- I was listening to it on the radio- it was a bit awkward, but I'm sure Murray has been asked daft questions before. Garry was probably as caught up in the moment as everyone else, it was such a big match.

CatsAndTheirPizza Thu 04-Jul-13 12:53:56

Saw earlier: 'Scotland's Andy Murray loses the first two sets, but England's Andy Murray comes back to win the following three sets'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now