Why have I only just discovered In the Thick of It?

(34 Posts)
cbatbh Tue 25-Jun-13 11:12:53

Where have I been? Is it worth watching the second and subsequent series?

harryhausen Thu 27-Jun-13 12:37:05

I love episode in series 3 when Nicola and Peter Magnan ate being interviewed by Richard Bacon on 5live. Absolutely everyone ends up in the Green room and then Malcolm threatens the producer and 'Tim' who's phoned into the phone ingrin

ImperialBlether Sun 30-Jun-13 23:22:16

I'm so glad I've found this thread. OP, you are in for a fantastic time. Series 3 is the best, in my opinion.

The moment I like is when Malcolm Tucker is about to be fired (sorry, OP!) and there's that moment when he realises what's going to happen and he's says, "Oh no..." and you just think, "Fucking hell!" and duck!

And the line that always cracks me up is, "Fuck off, Bagpuss."

WhiteShakette Mon 01-Jul-13 12:06:31

It is unspeakably brilliant, but it ruins your language permanently. Now that our toddler is starting to copy what we say, we're trying to avoid his first words being baby-Tuckerisms. Also, I used to live down the road from Peter Capaldi, and from running into him in the supermarket, he gave the impression of being shy and thoughtful, and nice.

JohnSnowsTie Mon 01-Jul-13 22:02:39

Series three, when the character played by David Haig tells "Baldemort" (Alex MacQueen) to "Shhhhhhit off!" Comedy gold.

cbatbh Tue 02-Jul-13 13:38:53

I am on series three now. It is so awesomely brilliant. I still laugh at "come the fuck in or fuck the fuck off". Some of my other fave bits (millions more, just can't remember them they just fly at you so quickly)

The total faffing about at the end of series 2 when they are trying to decide to wear a tie or not.

"eat that prawn".

When Julius complains about the broken biscuits that cost four pounds.

"He's so dense that light bends round him"

"Get me Nicola Murray. If she says no the only other candidate is my left bollock with a fucking smiley face drawn on it." grin

Davros Tue 02-Jul-13 13:49:18

The Fucker he come ....

ARealDame Thu 04-Jul-13 16:33:29

Yeah,its brilliant.

I have a box set!

Thurlow Thu 04-Jul-13 16:53:13

"You fools! Those were good biscuits, they cost £4!"

Lizzabadger Fri 05-Jul-13 05:45:00

It's fantastic. I love Julius and the whole of series 3, esp the 5live episode.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now