The Voice- it's the FINAL!!

(863 Posts)
Raahh Sat 22-Jun-13 14:49:14

I am currently 23 floor up in rhe Hilton in manchester. I am drinking cocktails- yet I am sad I will miss the voice final.

C' mon everyone, Matt to win!

Poor Butlins Adele- I hope they kept her job open.

Arf @ Holly's boobs.

Poor Leanne. Still, the sink back into obscurity will be less painful as nobody will be saying 'didn't you used to be famous?'
Cos she never was <shakes head sadly>

Poor Leanne- she was dropped by the record company last week. Holly's boobs had more support.

YY. She'd be grand singing some of them nice modern hymns. You know - earnest boy on keyboards. Vicar on guitar. Girl singing quavery notes though her nose when she gets to the high bits.
She might struggle with international pop stardom though, I can't help thinking. Not that it matters - it's the Voice. As long as she turns on the Christmas lights somewhere she's doing better than Poor Leanne.

BOF Sun 23-Jun-13 20:51:15

Nah, there's no richness to her voice at all. It's just a pleasant sort of churchy sound.

damppatchnot Sun 23-Jun-13 20:23:33

Andrea has a beautiful voice. Ethereal just like eve cassidy. Love listening to her smile

ICBINEG Sun 23-Jun-13 13:55:56

The thing with Andrea is that, on average, she doesn't sing in tune. I couldn't believe she got through the semis having missed the pitch by as much as a quarter tone in whole phrases. Personally I find it cringe-worthy listening to her sing as I am waiting for it to slide off pitch again...

I was pretty cynical about her winning but actually having now heard the songs from the final I think she did much MUCH better this week.

Still if people get through to the final singing wildly off key then there may be something somewhat iffy with the format altogether...

I think Andrea has a lovely voice that is more suited to folk, be nice to hear her sing some of her own stuff.

I loved Leah and was sad she didn't win but I am sure she has a great career ahead of her. 👯

Bunbaker Sun 23-Jun-13 10:05:31

I can't believe some of the nastiness on here. Apparently there is loads on Twitter as well.

I agree that Andrea doesn't have stage presence, but the programme is called The Voice, and IMO Andrea has a lovely voice.

Maybe it is because I am an old gimmer, but most of the other entrants were all so samey sounding and rather boring, and I actually like Andrea's voice and singing style.

Shuffles off to find my slippers and hot cocoa now.

Chewing and nose blowing. Scourges of our time <nods>

I'm a-hoicking with you there SueP smile I just don't get it. Whenever I've had gum, after just a minute of chewing all the flavour has gone and there's no way I would want to keep masticating (is that the right word or context?) and then you get the open mouth variety of chewers as well - don't get me started. It's a real pet hate! Hope they all have a good look at the recorded/youtube whatever and realise how ridiculous they look. Rant over ...... oh and I thought Leah was going to win too.

I'm crossing everything for Tranny Zukko to make it down here for the lights. Or panto.
Righto, been a pleasure. See you all for XF. <flounces again>

Actually, there's a fancy old folks home locally. They'd probably put on a nice spread for her if she turns on their Christmas lights.

I'm sure some village in the bogs will be delighted to have her turning on the fairy lights on the church hall tree.

You CAN southdevon (oooo, a local <waves>) It is GRIM.
I hate chewing <hoicks>

She'll be turning on some Christmas lights anyway.

SuePurbly - can I just say 100% agree with the bovine chewing past contestants (and also a huge number of "celebrities" in the media) - why, just why, do people think constant chewing is in any way a good look?

RedToothBrush Sat 22-Jun-13 21:34:19

I don't know NotAQueef. I bet she could sell out the home that Leah stole her cushions for her 70s quilted dress from.

NotAQueef Sat 22-Jun-13 21:31:33

What is the point? She should put out a Christmas album, but can't imagine who would go to see her live???
What a joke

BOF Sat 22-Jun-13 21:31:24

Raah, I'm choking at your explanation of Mama Andrea's discombobulation grin

cocolepew Sat 22-Jun-13 21:30:27

Lol at Scooby doo.
Off to watch pineapple express

Scone, has she? She said on FB she'd been posting on MN but I didn't think on Prentice.Ncd tho?
But I didn't see a thread about Jason Pyjamas. I only come back for these Telly threads <hardcore>

RedToothBrush Sat 22-Jun-13 21:29:36

Just when you think tonights BBC programming couldn't get worse.

Jamie Cullum!

Jestrin Sat 22-Jun-13 21:29:07

That's that then .I'm off to watch what's left of calendar girls. wish I'd noticed that was on sooner

BOF Sat 22-Jun-13 21:28:55

Ha! On twitter, Danny Wallace just said "The Voice finalists look like the only thing they’re missing is Scooby Doo."

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now