Rubbish/bizarre telly-watching confessional time

(94 Posts)
Hassled Sun 16-Jun-13 21:31:39

I'll start with UK Border Force and the Australian Customs version. I just cannot get enough of people trying to smuggle dodgy beef in their suitcases into Melbourne for no apparent reason, or illegal waiters denying all knowledge of their birthdays.

And on days off I can't miss Homes Under The Hammer, mainly for the inspired way they manage to find music to match anything that anyone says. Someone will paint a wall purple, and they'll play Purple Rain - it's genius.

Has anyone sunk lower?

Futterby Sun 16-Jun-13 23:03:17

I know it's not what you were asking but I thought I would share grin

Depending on my level of Hungover-Ness i need a good few hours.of the Kardashians, teen Mom, the barefoot contessa and my absolute love.of all loves - Judge Judy (i have a lot of heated arguments with my bff re:JJ -he thinks its all pants but i love her!)

I love it when you have to watch it from behind your booze smelling duvet howling and shrieking trying not to hurl

Also - The Mindy Project; its total shit but its so addictive! The same with New Girl, Happy Endings and How I Met Your Mother - these programmes help me to recover

Yy to Catfish - so bizarre "so you've been taking to this guy for 5 years but you've never skyped? And he's single and a model? And he's loaded? Seems legit"
"Ooooooooooh man, its a 19 year old fat girl that you bullied in school"

PicturesofParadise Sun 16-Jun-13 23:08:37

19 kids and counting
Women who Kill
Emergency in the ER
Dog the bounty hunter
The one at Australian customs

Lovecat Sun 16-Jun-13 23:24:15

Come Dine With Me

May The Best House Win

The Millionaire Matchmaker - I watch it like shock the whole show

Phil Spencer - Secret Agent
(it really is a pile of shite; Phil turns up, looks at a house that hasn't sold, makes some crappy puns, they declutter & paint it magnolia, he sucks his teeth because they won't lower the price, then follows potential buyers around the house on open day like a mad stalker, pressurising them to make an offer, and at the end of the prog we are told 'Natalie didn't receive any offers after her amazing makeover but six months later lowered her price by £250k and is now moving'. Every. Fucking. Time.)

I need to see Catfish... smile

Areyoumadorisitme Sun 16-Jun-13 23:31:36

I second Millionaire matchmaker! It is fab, shock and cringeworthy, real value slob tv.

ChallyCreaks Mon 17-Jun-13 07:41:48

Man V Food
Housewives of <insert rich part of America>
The series about easyjet
Motorway patrol
Storage Hunters

I officially watch really crap TV when alone. grin

Sparklingbrook Mon 17-Jun-13 07:44:54

I quite like a bit of Undercover Boss.

Lovecat Ann Maurice on House Doctor did what Phil does but so much better.

Lovecat Mon 17-Jun-13 08:17:05

Oh, I was a huge Ann Maurice fan back in the day, Sparkling. I miss her smile

SexAndDrugsAndSausageRolls Mon 17-Jun-13 08:49:45

Where can I find this Catfish of which you speak? Purely for sociological and anthropological research you understand [ahem]

Chocotrekkie Mon 17-Jun-13 08:54:48

Amazing wedding cakes - Sunday morning 9 am on one of the food channels..

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 17-Jun-13 10:48:43

Both the Aussie and New Zealand customs ones.
They never catch anybody exciting, only Chines people with packets of noodles.

Sparklingbrook Mon 17-Jun-13 10:51:29

weeble what did you think of EC?

PiHigh Mon 17-Jun-13 10:58:42

Another Storage Wars fan.

Also I only watched it the other day as visitors wanted it on but I quite enjoyed Dog The Bounty Hunter blush

Deffodil Mon 17-Jun-13 11:18:51

I watch these:

Million Dollar Listing,Million Dollar Decorators and loads of others,inc. Catfish,on Here

Futterby Mon 17-Jun-13 11:42:32

Jeremy Kyle. All the way.

ARealDame Mon 17-Jun-13 14:03:22

Millionaire Matchmaker - all the way!

I like stuff like 24 hours mystery, 24 hours to kill, I Survived - but I've seen them all now, so only watch Millionaire Matchmaker 1 hour a day, like Lovecat says, all the way through shock.

Occasionally I will watch an Eastenders Omnibus, if I'm feeling bored/relaxed at the weekend.

JazzDalek Mon 17-Jun-13 16:46:17

Monsters Inside Me shock

I think it's on DMAX. I stumble upon it fairly often whilst flicking through channels trying to put off going to bed.

It's about horrifying parasites and unfortunate people's experiences thereof.

SaskiaRembrandtVampireHunter Mon 17-Jun-13 17:03:23

I love Supernatural, and don't think it's rubbish/bizarre, but DH does. Saying that, I suspect he's talking about the plot etc. whereas I'm watching for Dean and Castiel <<has a moment>>

Sparklingbrook Mon 17-Jun-13 17:07:47

I have been known to watch Sally Morgan On the Road. blush

I love crap telly. I think I love it more than proper-great rating-award winning- telly.

I have spent the last 2 days watching the first 3 season of Bondi Rescue.

Also on my list

Bondi Vet
Road Wars
Nothing to Declare
Border Force
Traffic Cops
Emergency Bikers
Bait Car
Cheaters blush
World's Worst Tenants

CBS Reality, Really and Pick TV are my favourite channels!!

Sparklingbrook Mon 17-Jun-13 17:19:27

I don't watch any mainstream telly, no soaps (except Doctors but even having a break from that) no bonnet Sunday night dramas etc. No Murder mysteries.

Just half an hour here and there of appallingly addictive TV in the evening.

ARealDame Mon 17-Jun-13 17:41:56

Sally Morgan on the Road, only for a few seconds, hahaha!

I admit, Bait Cars caught my attention for a few episodes grin.

I'm a bit Don't-Watch-Mainstream-Telly, I'm a bit CBS Reality too.

ARealDame Mon 17-Jun-13 17:43:58

And I also don't get the Sunday bonnet drama either ... maybe I like a bit more action like, well, Bait Cars grin.

Sparklingbrook Mon 17-Jun-13 17:46:32

Sunday night bonnet dramas are really yawnsome and depressing IMO.

My sky plus is all History stuff.
And eleventy million episodes of shows featuring the Kardashians.
It's my biggest guilty secret confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now