Corrie scriptwriters should read this thread (Corrie queens)

(1000 Posts)
Sleepyfergus Tue 14-May-13 19:42:31

The old thread is nearly full. Nice new shiny thread here.

Old thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/telly_addicts/1684194-Corrie-queens-gather-round

ivykaty44 Wed 15-May-13 18:00:12

MrBean should be Roys dad wink

abi2790 Wed 15-May-13 18:37:11

Can I join this thread pleassse? [Grin]

I agree that Corrie has gone a bit poo but still continue to watch it!

How long before Karl gets what's coming to him? He really gets on my nerves. Plus Stella really is an idiot for taking him back.

SoleSource Wed 15-May-13 19:46:19

Izzy is the worst actress ever on Corrie

LineRunner Wed 15-May-13 19:50:47

Could Charles Dance be the secret half-brother and Michael Gambon be Roy's dad?

BornInACrossFireHurricane Wed 15-May-13 20:03:35

I could happily get rid of a lot of the characters, particulary Izzy, Faye (and her bloody annoying dad), leanne and Tracey. I am wondering what the point to Tommy is really apart from looking miserable

I still really miss Blanche, although I do love Roy and his mum

MrsSalvoMontalbano Thu 16-May-13 11:11:06

Okay, kiss lunge obv startling, and not good, but Tina does seem to be going overboard about it - surely given all the heightened emotions of everyone she could just see it as a moment of madness, and forget about it...?

MrsSalvoMontalbano Thu 16-May-13 11:11:42

ooh, I think Tommy earns his keep in the show grin

Ellenora5 Thu 16-May-13 12:43:19

OOOH...a lovely new thread...

So Glo has been sitting on 80 grand all this time and never said a word, I don't blame her, I would have been well gone by now, away from the painful Stella and Carl and dreary Eva, does she ever smile. Tina should have punched Garys lights out and then told Izzy everything. He is going to have another breakdown soon I reckon.

whatkungfuthat Thu 16-May-13 13:15:38

I think Tina is worried that she is going to be left with the baby if it all goes tits-up between Izzy and the fugly one. Glo had a nerve still having a go about Leanne not helping Stella. She could buy in and own half of the pub then she wouldn't be a burden on anyone, and she'd still have cash left.

I wish they would get on with the discovery of Karl's guilt. Also, Eva is another one with a new mystery wardrobe of --shaite- glittery clobber.

BastardDog Thu 16-May-13 14:26:01

Gloria's £80k was a bit out of nowhere wasn't it? What's that all about and where's it leading I'm wondering?

Do you think the shenanigans with Kev and Ken have left the scriptwriters in a bit of a pickle? At the minute it's as if they've thrown all the story's up in the air, picked them up, put them in any order and allocated them to any random character.

MurielTheActor Thu 16-May-13 19:49:33

Can't understand why Roy didn't find out who the estate agent was who sold the house and try and find his dad that way.
I get annoyed when something so obvious (to me) is missed.
<<humph>>

MrsSalvoMontalbano Thu 16-May-13 19:57:42

Muriel Yes- I thought that- surely the obvious place to start looking.

ajandjjmum Thu 16-May-13 22:23:37

I've found him!!! He's actually Carl St John Cropper and lives in St. Albans. How do I contact Roy?!!! grin

Bakingnovice Fri 17-May-13 07:00:39

I miss Blanche too! And it's maddening that they're trying to set up startled-eyes glo as the new Blanche. I quite liked sue Johnston till she started in corrie. Funny one liners don't work on a frozen face.

whatkungfuthat Fri 17-May-13 07:22:25

Baking grin

I'm near St Albans, I'll look out for old men carrying canvas shopping bags

BornInACrossFireHurricane Fri 17-May-13 10:44:12

Has ken been suspended/taken off screen then?

whatkungfuthat Fri 17-May-13 11:45:47

Think so, yes

FannyMcNally Fri 17-May-13 20:01:17

Oooh lovely new thread that doesn't take 5 minutes to load! grin

I've said it before but it's worth repeating - if Karl doesn't get his come uppance and Sunita's name isn't cleared within ONE WEEK that's it. I'm not watching any more. Totally ridiculous drawn out painful viewing. SCRIPTWRITERS!!! ARE YOU LISTENING!!!

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 17-May-13 20:23:28

Ahhhhh....my spiritual home grin.

I know no one in real life who watches Corrie

ajandjjmum Fri 17-May-13 20:33:04

Or will admit to it Gobbo! grin

sensesworkingovertime Fri 17-May-13 21:11:03

Sole, agree Izzy is pretty bad, she only seems to have one dimension...wooden.

What has happened to Karl's guilt?????shock. At least initially he seemed guilty for setting fire t'Rovers and 'readjusting' Sunita's life-support tube. Now he looks totally guilt free and is sending Glo on a guilt trip for not coughing up the money! The blazen cheek!!!

Aquilla Fri 17-May-13 21:16:23

I just watched for an hour and fastfowarded EVERY SINGLE BLOODY SCENE except the Roy Cropper storyline. And even that was a chuffing let down! Fed up with it now hmm

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 17-May-13 21:16:52

Yup - agree that some of the story lines are tortuous.

Can't be bothered with Gloria and Eva and the tiny, greasy looking, fireman makes me want to be sick.

I'm liking the Roy storyline ATM though. Not seen Emily for ages though - maybe the storyline will be her running of with Ken grin

ChippingInLovesSunshine Fri 17-May-13 21:25:43

I have no idea why Gail has the odd personality transplant - it's weird.

Tommy earns his keep eye candy grin

I hope Karl gets the elbow soon - it's making me very stabby.

Paul <fireman> is Luverly wink.

I know what happens re Roys Dad - so no speculation from me.

But have to agree, the storylines are being dragged out beyond a joke right now... it's painful.

... and yes, I miss Blanche too!

theliverpoolone Fri 17-May-13 21:50:44

Very far fetched to think that Glo would have £80k she was never expecting and not give £15k to Stella when she was desperate.

This thread is not accepting new messages.