British Academy TV Awards

(97 Posts)
PipsWife Sun 12-May-13 20:17:46

Did Graham Norton just die a death in the opening sequence or is it just me?

squoosh Mon 13-May-13 17:45:20

I thought Sean Bean looked most handsome last night. All tanned and grinning.

Mrsrobertduvall Mon 13-May-13 17:34:19

oh he is such an arse.

But yes, Sean Bean legging it up the steps and decking Ben do dah would be interesting.

PoppyAmex Mon 13-May-13 17:26:37

Like this?

"am gonna lett'ya finish..." grin

Mrsrobertduvall Mon 13-May-13 17:23:33

I want a loser to stand up and say "I was robbed!"
That would add a bit of drama.
Or launch into "It should've been me".

Anne Reid did look pissed off.

PoppyAmex Mon 13-May-13 15:05:47

I was pleased that "Made in Chelsea" won, just because I got to see Alan Sugar looking seriously annoyed grin

waikikamookau Mon 13-May-13 14:57:27

yeah, when they must look pleased, they really have act then aren't they? grin

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 13-May-13 14:53:48

I think the best bit is when they focus on the losers pretending to smile.
How the fuck did Made In fucking Chelsea win an award?
And East Enders?

PoppyAmex Mon 13-May-13 14:49:11

"and i hate the way the cameras focus on the losers who must look pleased for their opponents the winners"

Anne Reid didn't - in fact she was shaking her head looking mighty pissed off when cry-baby actress won (and then tried to disguise it) grin

waikikamookau Mon 13-May-13 14:21:09

how did graham accept the award for the entertainment show, that his tv show won?

waikikamookau Mon 13-May-13 14:20:26

and i hate the way the cameras focus on the losers who must look pleased for their opponents the winners

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 13-May-13 14:07:00

Awww, I LOVE Ben W.
I thought that he is just genuinely quite shy, and yes, probably thought that Sir Derek had it in the bag. Thinking of it, Ben doesn't do much press or promo stuff, so I think he's just one of those that is confident etc when acting, but would prefer not to be in the spotlight when he's not.

wintera Mon 13-May-13 14:04:20

Aww I did think that Ben W looked genuinely shocked though to be fair. He probably thought Derek Jacobi was a shoe in. He very much deserved it though, his Richard II was wonderful.

Clawdy Mon 13-May-13 13:58:38

Yes,I like Olivia and Ben W, and didn't mind Sheridan S. but their gushing,mock shocked,gasping speeches were cringe-making. As if they weren't really expecting it...!!

Chipstick10 Mon 13-May-13 11:14:10

Very disappointed with Olivia, came across as a Lovie and I didn't expect that. Sheridan was very gwenie. Yuk.

squoosh Mon 13-May-13 10:15:19

Ben Whishaw seemed 'refreshed'.

Eliza22 Mon 13-May-13 08:52:21

Love Olivia Coleman and Julia Davies, a tough call, that one.

However, all the "I've won, I didn't expect it, I'm a mess, I wish someone else had won, so I didn't need to speak confused (Ben Whishaw)" really, really gets on my nerves. Pleeeease, you've been nominated and attended an award ceremony. There's a 1 in 5 chance, you might win. I had to shut Sheridan Smith up. I just couldn't watch her. Thank God for live pause and fast forward!

Michael Palin. So well deserved. That's how to conduct yourself. All you "lovies" take note.

DeepRedBetty Mon 13-May-13 08:46:34

The only award we thoroughly disagreed with was Alan Carr. It would take a major personality transplant to make him funny.

I strongly suspect Olivia Coleman is a MNetter and if she isn't she should be. And Romola Garai too.

LIZS Mon 13-May-13 08:36:12

OC's dress made a definite bid for freedom ! She needs to visit S & B - I've got this gorgeous taffeta dress but it just won't stay put , ideas please ! No Miranda this year ?

Mrsrobertduvall Mon 13-May-13 06:41:07

I only caught the last half hour.
Alan Carr......shite show.
Game of thrones...never heard of it.
Sheridan Smith, loved Mrs Biggs but hate the fake "oh I've won, surely not me, I am not worthy so I'll swear" speech.

Lov Michael Palin...such a lovely unassuming man. And his comment about Terry Jones..."thanks for those kind words, they could be your last" was priceless.

And I wanted Matt leblanc to say " How you doing".

squoosh Mon 13-May-13 00:03:27

I wish someone would rob Ant and Dec, and never return them.

Chipstick10 Mon 13-May-13 00:02:16

Olivia coleman s acceptance speech was cringe.
The vagina gag was attention seeking crap.
Ant and dec were robbed

every year I watch it and say never again..and then I watch it and am disappointed again. Graham Norton was bloody awful.And as much as I think Olivia Coleman deserved her awards I thought her acceptance speech both times appeared 'over acted ' with the ooh I didnt expect it or prepare anything ! If youre nominated surely it goes without saying that youre in with a chance of winning and should have something prepared!!! Just saying......

wintera Sun 12-May-13 23:13:04

I love Olivia Coleman but can't help thinking that she got two this year because there was a media and twitter storm last year when she failed to be recognised for Tyrannosaur. This happens with awards ceremonies all the bleeding time! Like when Kate Winslet won two golden globes a few years ago because she didn't get the awards she deserved for Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. Then the powers that be over-compensate usually the year after. Wish they'd just get it right the first time.

waikikamookau Sun 12-May-13 23:06:00

only saw the second part , started to guess, if I haven't seen it, it had won.
love Olivia colman and delighted for her smile

LadyBeagleEyes Sun 12-May-13 23:02:14

So lovely to see Michael Palin get his award.
Like Terry Jones said, he really is the nicest man in the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now