Dr Who has really gone off, hasnt it?

(356 Posts)
Snog Sat 27-Apr-13 19:23:13

Dr Who used to be genius...it`s gone really downhill now hasn't it?

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 12-May-13 20:53:23

Anyone seen the news today? The next episode has been sent out to people in America by accident! Oops!

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Sun 12-May-13 21:28:52

how so?

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 12-May-13 22:29:59

How oops or how was it sent out?
Oops because it was meant to be sent out AFTER it is aired here, and instead people will be putting it on the net as torrents, meaning people here can see it before it is aired.
It was sent out in Blu ray form to those people who pre ordered a hard copy! confused

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Sun 12-May-13 22:46:24

ooh, really? can people do that, then? order hard copies of shows immediately?

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Sun 12-May-13 22:48:07

oh i see, so the series 7 dvds have gone out already? shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. someone's getting sacked.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 12-May-13 22:48:51

Oh yeah! Someone is in deep doo doo!

mummytime Mon 13-May-13 17:04:45

I think this last episode really cried out to be a two parter. In the olden days there would be stories that lasted even more than two parts. They really need to alter the story length a bit, to make it more interesting.

marjproops Mon 13-May-13 20:33:23

Watch showed 'Blink' again today-still brilliant, still scary, Moffat at his best.

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Thu 16-May-13 08:57:20

it has to be the pressure (possibly self-inflicted) to create a blockbuster per week that has sent them all nuts. but i'm sure moffat gave himself the space before, wasn't his 'i'm not your daddy' script a two parter? (never remember the names, sorry).

what's prompted the hatred of the two-parter? delayed gratification all the sweeter and all that...

RustyBear Thu 16-May-13 20:20:29

Do you mean 'Are you my mummy?’ grin

They were The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances. The Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead was Moffat too.

Maybe they think that now the seasons are pretty much cut in half, two-partners would take up too much of a half-season...

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Fri 17-May-13 08:45:38

hahahaahahah i'm not your daddy was kid creole and the coconuts! <shows age>

marjproops Fri 17-May-13 19:19:55

LOL aitch. at kid creole! can imagine the doctor singing that! but to who?????

teejwood Fri 17-May-13 20:59:29

I'm stupidly excited about the finale. My fervent hope is that it will make sense of the last few series, but barring that just a bloody brilliant ep will suffice.
<squeeee>

teejwood Fri 17-May-13 21:00:32

Roar at kid creole. I still remember that TOTP appearance
<gimmer>

teejwood Fri 17-May-13 21:02:48

marj i think he would sing it to to Clara because there's no way he's her daddy - but she might yet turn out to be something to do with River!

marjproops Fri 17-May-13 21:21:23

im just longing for him to say his names nigel or Steve or something!

teejwood Fri 17-May-13 21:57:55

I don't think we'll see or hear the name. Or if we do, it'll be Gallifreyian gobbledegook. Actually, in the Tardis episode there were rows of what looked like perfume that were actually the Gallifreyian Encyclopaedia - maybe his name will be a scent or a liquid rather than a word?!

Snapespeare Sat 18-May-13 08:50:27

dont let me down stephen moffat! <hard stare>

They can't tell us his name. That would be wrong!

Dh reckons it is John Smith.

Snapespeare Sat 18-May-13 11:54:43

Oh there's absolutely NO WAY we'll find out what his name is.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 18-May-13 12:25:05

They are definitely building it up..so it had better be good

<joins in hard staring>

Idontknowhowtohelpher Sat 18-May-13 13:19:14
RustyBear Sat 18-May-13 13:51:21

According to the DT website, it's building up to a cliffhanger or the anniversary episode a which means 6 months more to wait....

marjproops Sat 18-May-13 18:19:25

I dont want to know his name , keep the mystery.

It would be great if he turned to the camera, gave a deep and meaningful stare, raised an eyebrow, said ''my....name....is....''

and suddenly the duff-duff-duff-duff eastenders drum thing comes on grin

OR- ''my name is, my name is, my name is, Charles the 2nd!''

20 minutes! Chances of ds being in bed by then??? Not high anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now