i just watched series 1 and 2 of Game of Thrones in 2 days....

(35 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Wed 10-Apr-13 01:20:09

i kept seeing trailers, and thought "meh"

then it appeared as a box set on Sky on demand.
so i downloaded the first episode, and was hooked. hooked.
just watched the first and second series in 2 days.
am taping season 3 and just watched the first one of those too....will have withdrawals tomorrow.....

how bloody brilliant is this series!!?

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 15-Apr-13 23:11:01

i can have my fix again! i tape it on a monday night.....will watch tomorrow!

i may have to start reading the books.....

anonacfr Mon 15-Apr-13 17:29:43

Well he is a sociopathic little shit isn't he? In real life the actor is lovely and has an Irish accent.
It's odd to hear them all with their real voices. Robb is Scottish, Tyrion is American and Ygritte is super posh.... Makes me laugh!
I'm getting increasingly nervous- I read the first four books years ago but have spent the past week re-reading the lot. I now have about 300 pages left of the final book and am dreading finishing it.
Book 6 is due in the effing autumn!!!!! And knowing the author it's probably going to be delayed... Again. I was trying to wait till the whole story was finished but I cracked.

Gingersstuff Mon 15-Apr-13 13:49:05

Vicar I could have written your post. When it first came on telly, I was "meh" and everyone was raving about it. Idly put on the first epi from Sky boxset after Christmas as nothing else on and was a goner within 10 minutes. Got season 2 for my birthday from the kids and watched it in 2 days.
I was raving about it for weeks to DH who was also "meh"...and then caught him at 3am one night on the 4th epi of season 1 haha. He was a bit [embarrassed] and confessed that he too had been hooked in after sticking it on to see what the fuss was about. Now we're both champing at the bit each week for season 3 epis....
The actors are all fantastic but I feel a bit sorry for the guy who plays Joffrey...he is universally hated isn't he??

Cooroo Sun 14-Apr-13 15:54:40

Loving season 3 - missed epi 2 on holiday, so watched it with DD16 yesterday. Luckily she watched season 1 and 2 over the summer, don't think I could have watched all the rude bits with her younger. Bad enough now.

DP and I watched series 1 then read all the books. I sort of miss just watching the series and not knowing what's going to happen next, but knowing can also add to the pleasure, when you can think 'Oh no you won't...'

HappyGoLuckyGirl Sat 13-Apr-13 21:15:17

I love your name Little grin

Just wait til you run out of books to read and have to wait for the next so you end up on ASoIaF forums debating the prophecies, the bloodlines and the meaning behind names. blush

kelda Sat 13-Apr-13 17:42:29

Yes, agree, read the books. The TV series is good but the books are fantastic.

TheYoniVicarInaTutu Sat 13-Apr-13 01:57:29

im lost without it to watch.
bloody hell.
walking dead has finished too....dunno what to do with myself!

chickieno1 Sat 13-Apr-13 01:49:00

I thought my husband and I were the only crazy ones. Raced through seasons 1 and 2 and have now watched season 3 episodes and dont know what to do while we wait for next episode.

Also love Tyrion and Danerys

Hate Joffrey. Good actor though

TheSmallPrint Fri 12-Apr-13 17:56:18

I got series 1 as a box set in the sales at Xmas after someone recommended it. Two episodes in and I was hooked. I am watching series 3 now and it's still fantastic.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Thu 11-Apr-13 02:54:39

Omg, YES! Dany hatched the eggs! Woo grin

Yes, I am aware its almost 3 in the morning.

Yes books are always better - I got annoyed in the second series after the they diverted from the plot in the books <anal> GRRM was the exec producer on the series so he must have sanctioned/written it though. He's still writing the series - I'm hoping that he lives a loooong life grin.

limitedperiodonly Wed 10-Apr-13 18:49:26

Thanks highjinx. I'll try to remember that. I will fail.

HighJinx Wed 10-Apr-13 18:45:04

Books always are better than films or tv shows though aren't they?

Isn't George RR Martin still writing the series? (Of books I mean, not TV)

HighJinx Wed 10-Apr-13 18:44:10

Sorry I should have said that Ser Jorah Mormont is the character played by Iain Glen limited

Sorry if that wasn't clear

the books are brilliant

CousinRachel Wed 10-Apr-13 18:42:01

If the withdrawals get too bad get into the books Vicar, much more filth detail in them.

HighJinx Wed 10-Apr-13 18:38:09

His dad his Jeor Mormont - Lord Commander of the Black Watch.

HighJinx Wed 10-Apr-13 18:35:17

Ser Jorah Mormont - I have an embarrassing crush on him, especially his voice

limitedperiodonly Wed 10-Apr-13 18:17:56

See, I told you I was rubbish at names. Still can't remember the name of her protector played by Iain Glen.

HighJinx Wed 10-Apr-13 18:07:44

I even love the titles. The way they show you which places they will be visiting on that episode.

The characters are brilliantly written. I love hating the bad guys and rooting for the good ones. It reminds me of Lord of The Rings a bit.

HerrenaHarridan Wed 10-Apr-13 18:06:41

Danyrs is the dragon lady's name and I am hopelessly In love with her.

If you don't want to wait for the series but the books they are even better!

moonshine Wed 10-Apr-13 18:04:29

Think it's Daenerys Targaryen - I'm mesmorised by her eyebrows.

moonshine Wed 10-Apr-13 18:02:58

I've watched GoT from when it first came out after reading books 1 & 2 [smug]. DH scoffed at me but has recently done the same as you Vicar, watching series 1 & 2 over 3 days so that he can watch series 3 as he is now hooked.

Not only are there loads of great characters but great actors - it seems to be like the Harry Potter films with more and more British acting 'royalty' having parts in it.

limitedperiodonly Wed 10-Apr-13 17:59:50

Blonde dragon girl's name is Darys. Definitely one to watch. Not just because I keep looking for roots in her bleached hair and I haven't seen them yet. How do they do that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now