THE VOICE!: -new series starts tonight. Get ready to spin in your chair...

(577 Posts)
Raahh Sat 30-Mar-13 13:17:01

...or not, if last year is anything to go by. Poor Leanne, she didn't exactly set the music on fire.

Looking forward to Will.i.Am/Bill.je.suis and his bonkers rambling- and will they have confiscated his phone?grinWish they'd ditched Jessie J. Sir Tom always looks like he hasn't the foggiest idea why he's there. And Danny will do himself an injury with his head bobbing.

I will get sucked in to this, even if i try not to.grin

NoelHeadbands Sat 30-Mar-13 13:25:47

<scream>

NoelHeadbands Sat 30-Mar-13 13:27:13

I'm hoping they have a similar gaggle of um....weird unusual and individual contestants as last year

Yama Sat 30-Mar-13 13:28:35

I didn't know it was back until earlier today. What a lovely surprise. Dd loves Danny O'Donoghue.

Raahh Sat 30-Mar-13 13:34:28

There were some interesting characters last yeargrin

Maybe they will have changed the format a bit this time round. They won't want to risk a flop 2 years running.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 30-Mar-13 13:37:09

I think their big mistake was to not publicise the fact that the winner would have a single out the following week. I had no idea, until the news reports saying her single had flopped came out.

Really looking forward to it [bgrin]

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 30-Mar-13 13:37:37

grin

Raahh Sat 30-Mar-13 13:49:29

I'm off out for alcohol nibbles- and am hoping my internet connection sorts itself out before tonight, as it keeps going off bloody virgin

grin

NoelHeadbands Sat 30-Mar-13 14:03:27

She had a single?

Blimey.

Is Willoughby doing it again this year?

Ooh yeah! Dh has looked out our spare computer chair so we can both swivel. We have 3 questions to answer before turning.
1) man or woman
2)who will swivel for them
3) "odd" looking or not

Oodsigma Sat 30-Mar-13 14:33:44

I like the spinning bit but got bored on the rest.

Raahh Sat 30-Mar-13 15:00:36

The spinning bit was the bit that made it make sense- picking someone based on voice only. Once they got past that, it was pretty much the X factor ( only not as well done). Pretty sure holly is back- it was a very lucrative gig for her last time.

PickledInAPearTree Sat 30-Mar-13 16:37:43

Dope x 3

I am BACK, just for this, so youse had better be funny. <shakes fist>

BOEUF Sat 30-Mar-13 17:52:21

Hurrah! Let's see if we can make this thread every bit as mean-spirited and bitchy as the X Factor ones <sets bar ridiculously high>

We can but try <bows head>

Leanne (the forgettable winner) was too lazy to get anywhere apparently. Dead Mate's Mate Tyler 'Spivman' has a single or two under his belt, doesn't he? And I've seen comparisons between Leanne and Princess Di lookeelikee Bo, who has apparently done better than Leanne, but I'm not hip enough to have noticed. Has she released something good? Did it involve eyeliner?

Raahh Sat 30-Mar-13 18:20:06

yay!Sue !

I don't think i am capable of watching these programmes without being bitchy tbh. blush

Danny and Bo are still claiming to be 'just friends' and he is 'happily single'. Ok, then.

Yy I read that the publicists said Leanne didn't like to do any of the pr- wasn't keen on the fame. Has she never seen programmes like this before?? Mind you- fame doesn't always follow, when they wingrin
Plus the single was awful, and her whole image very dated and mid-90's diva. Hope
they kept her job at Butlins open for hergrin

Hello, my dove. I couldn't resist grin. I am staying in here though, poking ones head above the parapet looks like being dangerous. Not much changes, do it? Same old nasties.

Arf at Butlins. There's always work at Butlins, or if not, Pontins. Then you get shunted down to Haven or John Fowler. And that's really just busking in polyester jackets.

NoelHeadbands Sat 30-Mar-13 18:30:59

Yay Sue!

I'd forgotten about Bo, didn't she get that presenting the Olympics gig last summer though ?

MiaCulper Sat 30-Mar-13 18:32:46

I'm here. I have 5 crackbunnies which I am going to award myself with for spotting the following:

- anyone doing it for a dead and/or dying parent
- any friend of a sleb
- anyone having one last stab after achieving minor success in the 80s
- anyone overcoming physical disability/illness

Any other categories I should consider? Will 5 bunnies be enough?

PickledInAPearTree Sat 30-Mar-13 18:33:50

Every time Jessie j says "I'm an artist, yeah? "

That will keep you busy though.

MiaCulper Sat 30-Mar-13 18:34:41

I have mini eggs for Will.He.Are saying "dope". grin

LittleBairn Sat 30-Mar-13 18:35:17

Marking my place, can't wait.

usualsuspect Sat 30-Mar-13 18:35:21

I'm excited about this.

I love lurking on this thread, it always makes me laugh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now