Revolution sky 1

(328 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Fri 29-Mar-13 22:00:19

Anyone watching?

TwllBach Sat 22-Jun-13 10:22:49

Oh sad I'm disappointed that I'm not as original as I thought grin

It has finally happened - I am in love with Miles. It always happens eventually, I fall for the male lead. And I'm a little bit in love with Norah too blush

Oh Miles is being all distressed now <simpers>

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 22-Jun-13 20:54:02

Yes, there was a moment there of almost actual acting!

He does look good smile

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 25-Jun-13 19:20:12

weird episode - rachel has been presumed dead for 15years or so and her female friends didnt seem that surprised to see her

what is so special about the tower where the power is - if the power has been there for years then why wasnt it turned on years ago hmm

what killed the 2 men fighting/capturing rachel and fat glasses man

was sad at monroe shooting that man in the head in his office - is he going a bit deranged???

HighBrows Sat 29-Jun-13 12:11:17

what killed the 2 men fighting/capturing rachel and fat glasses man

The lady Rachel went to visit had this magic zappy thing that smites folks. smile

It's getting worse, isn't it? This programme had so much potential. It's just really shit.

but I'll continue watching just to laugh at it blush

I'd just like to point out I bagsied Bas way back at the beginning of the thread, so it's all right, I'll look after him, make sure he's OK, that kind of thing wink.

Storywise, it's such an intriguing premise, but they don't seem to know where they're going with it.

VodkaJelly Sat 29-Jun-13 19:29:59

So much promise, such a great idea but such a shit show.

Bowing out of watching it as it is just so dire.

TwllBach Sat 29-Jun-13 20:14:37

It is horrendous isn't it.

I just can't bring myself to cancel it though.

HighBrows Sun 30-Jun-13 12:44:37

TwllBach I'm the same, I keep hoping it'll improve....

I know it won't.

limitedperiodonly Sun 30-Jun-13 12:57:10

Aaron's glasses are indestructible. Not only have they survived 15 years, they didn't get broken when that bounty hunter was beating him up.

twllbach I'm almost incapable of ditching crap TV shows too.

and handily his prescription hasn't changed in all that time either wink. Why was his wife with a bounty hunter? Is she a rebel too?

limitedperiodonly Sun 30-Jun-13 13:28:07

She killed someone who was trying to harm her daughter. I think he was in the militia and a bounty was put on her head. I don't understand why the bounty hunter took her for a drink before turning her in though.

HighBrows Mon 01-Jul-13 12:54:12

^ I don't understand why the bounty hunter took her for a drink before turning her in though.^ 21st century bounty hunters are nice like that....

As for Aaron's glass and his weight, really?! Also I've noticed everyone has perfect teeth even though Charlie was only a child when the power went... her teeth and everyone else's are just perfect.

Then there's Monroe, how absolutely mental is he?! His back story shows he was and still is just awful... and now he has a son somewhere out there and that'll be his next mission, he'll scrap taking over America to find his son with his one true love....

envy at how shit this programme is and angry at how I cannot stop watching!

HighBrows Mon 01-Jul-13 12:55:26

My italilics are hit and miss of late blush, sorry LimitedPeriod
I don't understand why the bounty hunter took her for a drink before turning her in though.

limitedperiodonly Mon 01-Jul-13 13:34:40

Yes, orthodontistry is a skill that might have died out. But what do I know? Hairdressing still seems to be going strong.

There'd be lots of things that would be lying about, which could explain the continued use of hair product. Possibly hmm But we haven't got a Stand-type situation where 99.99999 per cent of the population die, so styling mousse would be in demand and could become a currency. You could become a post-apocalyptic George Soros if you managed to stockpile enough Frizz-Ease.

Dressmaking would come into its own again. The Monroe militia uniforms don't look off the peg, but maybe I don't shop in the right places. The green ones with leather patches and riding boots look especially camp.

TwllBach Mon 01-Jul-13 14:18:44

I guess that's how they will drag it out to another season (there is another one, isn't there?) Monroe will stalk his son while Miles will stalk Monroe.

And on the subject of Miles... how does him shooting someone on his own team just for taking a shot at Monroe makehim any better than Monroe? Isn't this the exact sort of thing that made him quit the militia?

I would happily accept that it is the writers' way of showing that the apocalypse has effected everyone and that no one came out of it unscathed... there is a monster in all of us and the lines of civilisation are drawn with the heavy hand of available technology, but I think we can all safely say that there is no subtlety or imbedded message here.

buzzgirly Tue 02-Jul-13 07:43:46

This thread has made me laugh so muchgringrin! I think the trailers and advertising sky gave this really over sold it. It is totally ridiculous and makes no sense but I just can't stop watching!

And I know he's a mad, evil dictator but I wouldn't say no to General Bas!

limitedperiodonly Tue 02-Jul-13 13:41:53

I've just noticed that season 3 of Falling Skies starts on Fox next week.

Now that tale of post-apocalyptic crap I did manage to break free from.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 02-Jul-13 19:26:00

friend talked all the way through that episode - so havnt a clue what happened as usual

lots of shooting though

aliciaflorrick Wed 03-Jul-13 12:53:33

You see I want to move away from Falling Skies, but I've seen it's coming back and now I'm horribly drawn to trying to find it to put in on my planner, I have some kind of anticipatory thrill at the bad incidental music every time the general appears. Plus Noah Wyle is hot!

The thing is I even watched the last season with my 8 year old DS and even he said, this is rubbish mum. I know I'm going to be hooked back in before I know it. I really need to get a hobby to keep me busy on a night.

TwllBach Sat 06-Jul-13 19:30:36

You know what? I'm normally a sucker for a man being protective of anything be it a woman/dog/child/brother, whatever.

Miles was depressingly unconvincing with the whole "I told you not to touch her" thing. I'm so disappointed <sigh>

anonacfr Sat 06-Jul-13 19:49:29

buzzgirly I'm with you... blush.

The show is shite but hilarious. I am unnerved at all the 24 alumni btw. This is why I can never like Billy Burke. I always think 'murderous abusive perving on Kim dad' from 24 season 2.

Whathaveiforgottentoday Sun 07-Jul-13 10:44:18

They've brought in the risk of anthrax as well. Caught about 10 mins yesterday and had to turn over as soooooo crap.

anonacfr Sun 07-Jul-13 15:59:37

The funniest thing is how they hop from one place to the next on foot in about 5 seconds.
They went from Philadelphia to Georgia in no time, Rachel and Aaron went from Georgia to Utah in no time... We are talking about 100 miles here! I'm amazed at the broken leg btw- the most realistic thing that's happened so far- it should be gangrenous v soon as he set it without cleaning it and it's not even bandaged.

Also amazed at how blasé people have become about jeeps and helicopters. They don't even look twice anymore.

Also the hair dye 15 years after the apocalypse? Nice touch. Dead girlfriend had orange hair last week (it didn't even look vaguely natural) and Rachel has perfect blow dried blonde highlights that probably take hours and hundreds of pounds at a posh salon.

grin

anonacfr Sun 07-Jul-13 16:00:05

100 OF miles I should say!

HighBrows Sun 07-Jul-13 16:45:27

I wanted Rachel to bleed out when her leg broke.

As for Nora straddling Miles at the end... Moments before I said aloud if she straddles him I'm not watching anymore... I will have to keep watching though cos it's shit

I want Charlie dead soon, I hope Tom kills her very violently

I'd like to know how the rest of the world is doing without power?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now