Revolution sky 1

(328 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Fri 29-Mar-13 22:00:19

Anyone watching?

Yeah, watched the first one. Has promise.

Just about to start on the second ep.

Me too. I worry that this is going to be another lost. Six years of my life that took and I worked it all out in the first episode.

Machli Fri 29-Mar-13 22:36:44

I'm watching. Really liked the first episode. Big fan of Billy Burke as well.

There's another thread going about this too. I'm liking it so far.

thaliablogs Fri 29-Mar-13 23:20:46

Was not that keen til last 5 mins of Ep 1. All a bit predictable til then. Very lost-like. Looks promising after that.

Itsaboatjack Fri 29-Mar-13 23:27:59

Wasn't going to watch as Lost ended up being total rubbish, but have found myself drawn in all the same. Ok so far.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 29-Mar-13 23:40:52

I never watched lost - quite glad as apparently it was a crap ending that didn't make any sense

Not sure of this but will try and watch 2nd episode over the weekend

TwllBach Sat 30-Mar-13 21:17:38

I'm catching up now - just at the bit where she's off on her own.

I will probably watch it regardless of whether or not it's rubbish, but I've got my fingers crossed for it to be good grin

TwllBach Sat 30-Mar-13 21:54:24

Oh it's the man - the handsome man! Billy Burke?
And is Monroe the Australian bloke from ER? I think he is.

Iwantmybed Sat 30-Mar-13 22:06:41

Hmm I'm not sure about it tbh. It didn't grab me as Lost but don't think I'll stick with it.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 31-Mar-13 10:59:11

2nd episode seemed better

I can't work out how a pendant with a chip/computer thing in it can store electricity

directoroflegacy Mon 01-Apr-13 00:12:47

I will carry on because of that one from ER ! But it's going to turn out crap isn't it!

TwllBach Mon 01-Apr-13 08:02:52

<whispers> I already think it's crap but won't admit it yet.

GhostOfTheRobot Mon 01-Apr-13 10:13:36

Think it will go the way of Lost and take you on a wild goose chase with a nonsense ending.
However I'm still bloody watching it...confused

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 01-Apr-13 23:10:46

The fact his wife is alive and with the baddie must mean something

I'm intrigued by this series

Just hope it had a proper ending

MyMamaToldMe Tue 02-Apr-13 12:21:31

I'm watching, but not really sure about it yet. My half formed opinion based on Ep 1 & 2 was that it was a little crap, but will watch more to form a better opinion.

Iwantmybed Tue 02-Apr-13 21:48:31

Cancelled series link. Episode 2 didn't intrigue me further. Shame as I love those big budget dramas. sad such high hopes, such poor delivery. For me it was a mix of poor actors and characters and poor writing which left it utterly anti climactic. There wasn't a single online review which raved positively. I loved Lost and Heroes, but it felt emotionless. I really hope it improves and I'm proved completely wrong.

WireCatWhore Tue 02-Apr-13 23:58:17

They were all very well turned out considering there had been no electricity for 15 odd years!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 03-Apr-13 04:19:17

I'm assuming they washed their clothes via a river and soap - like in the olden days

Though did wonder how clothes looked so well made. No sewing machines or factories making clothes

susiedaisy Wed 03-Apr-13 09:47:50

I'm watching but I'm disappointed so far, its too smooth, everyone's too clean, it's all fight scenes no real emotions, no one seems to be grieving for the father that's just been killed, not a patch on the walking dead sadly, but in the absence of anything else I will struggle onsmile

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 04-Apr-13 15:25:44

thats how i feel susie, that from tomorrow no more walking dead on a friday sad

so this will be my friday night action-but yes far too clean and well nourished - wonder what they eat?

starsandunicorns Thu 04-Apr-13 15:35:58

Hoping esp 3 will be a little better its got the feel of Jerchio ref the person typing to a unkown fell out with Jericho so hope this is ok

I watched eps 1 and 2 last night, and although I'll watch it more, I'm not sure of I actually like it or not. Some of the stuff really annoys me (where do the clothes come from? Why are their teeth so perfect? How did they know how to get to Chicago? Why is it not more overgrown after 15 years? Why do the baddies only come at the good guys one at a time, unless they're doing a set piece fight?).

But I'm an intrigued as to who and why re the power going off, and General Monroe is pretty easy on the eye blush. Also where does the computer woman get her power from? And why did the mum leave her family thinking she was dead?

TwllBach Thu 04-Apr-13 17:24:51

With regards to things still being ordered and in good condition etc - could it be because of the nature of the black out? In TWD, lots of people were killed, if you survived, you were (un?)lucky, so all the skilled people, farmers, doctors, builders, tailors, seamstresses were dead and if you were alive then you are more concerned with staying alive than mowing the lawn/making clothes etc.

With revolution, everyone was still alive. I'm sure there was a bit of looting, a bit of anarchy etc, but there were still people in charge and still a functionin army to control everything. I would think that people would be quite eager to keep a sense of normality as well, so happy to be assigned jobs like keep nature at bay and make clothes and farm, so society remained similar to Before - just without power.

I'm still disappointed with it. I was hoping for more grit and emotional realism IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now