kids tourettes on BBC2

(10 Posts)
BenjaminButton172 Sat 06-Apr-13 20:15:56

I only watched this programme a few days ago.

I wanted to give marco a hug. He was a lovely boy. I dont know anything about tourettes but conner just seemed like a frustrated little boy.

I have a 'normal' child and i found the programme interesting as i have with a few other programmes about tourettes and other disabilities.

GreenShadow Sun 31-Mar-13 20:46:24

Orianne - it was actually on ITV, which could explain its absence on iPlayer!

Linky

Haven't watched it my self yet, but this has reminded me to bookmark it.

DS2 (and DH) have some symptoms similar to Tourettes, but doctors are not keen to diagnose so is useful research for me, although they do always tend to show the more extreme cases.

Orianne Sat 30-Mar-13 18:15:21

Can someone post the iplayer link for this, please. I can't find it, thanks

idiot55 Thu 28-Mar-13 22:21:34

I felt the same about Marco and the others really but I couldnt warm to conner, the way he was saying this didnt sem like a tic but I guess there may be differnt variaions of tourettes

MNetBlackpoolLE Thu 28-Mar-13 22:00:33

Connor is taking such a lot of flack on Twitter , because he isn't reacting in the same manner as the other two boys. sad
I've never seen a person react in the way he does , just boys like the other two or adults who swear at random times/words and in all honesty if I had seen him and not been told I would have thought a different type of SN as he is so constant with the anger/swearing but I don't know enough about tourettes.

I just want to hug Marco sad

idiot55 Thu 28-Mar-13 21:59:32

yes I notice at the end he is taking a break from treatment but the others are being succesfully helped.

I hpe he gets the help he needs whatever his diagnosis.
heartbreaking

marjproops Thu 28-Mar-13 21:57:48

idiot55 (please change your name, i dont like typing that!)
Are you on the Chat thread too? just had a wander over there and theres a thread about this.

I hope more people watch things like these, theres still too much ignorance and prejudice about disabilities.

tbh Im not actually watching it, I get enough with DC all day!!

But theres been questions about this Conner there too.

idiot55 Thu 28-Mar-13 21:51:49

I think they do depends on what they interested in, I love watching documentaries , been a few over the years about tourettes.

do you think "conner" has a correct diagnosis of tourettes, Im not saying hes putting it on but just seems differnt from the other kids

marjproops Thu 28-Mar-13 21:47:22

do you think people actually watch it though, as in ''normal'' people with ''normal'' kids?

it alwaays seems only those parents with sn kids watch these proggrammes.

needs to be shown instead of eastenders or something around that time.

cos in my experience most people are still plain piggin ignorant of these things.

good they show these progs but tomorrow DC will still be thought of as a rude badly bought up brat who says and does things cos of bad parenting.

idiot55 Thu 28-Mar-13 21:07:42

this has just started, I find it fascinating, really hope they can help these kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now