EASTENDERS thread..

(1000 Posts)
SoleSource Tue 05-Feb-13 19:45:11

You watch Easties?

garlicnutty Wed 03-Jul-13 00:25:18

I'm enjoying the new Janine-Michael dynamic. It feels more intense now they're quite open about the rivalry between them, and they know each other so well! There were moments towards the end of tonight's episode that reminded me of the Brazilian soaps (I miss them!) Both characters are utterly obnoxious, of course - Twll, you need your head examined!!

Why the hell is Ian trying to be nice to Jean? Although lol @ Jean thinking he's got the hots for her smile

SinisterBuggyMonth Wed 03-Jul-13 01:01:52

I do hope Lauren returns sober and sorter to give Lucy a kick up the arse (obv not literally)

Max will only declare undy love for someone if they are just about to leave the Square. If Kirsty wants him back she needs to start callie taxis to the airport.

SinisterBuggyMonth Wed 03-Jul-13 01:03:43

Undying love.blush

Though undy love is probably more appropriate

Bakingnovice Wed 03-Jul-13 08:53:11

Undy love! Haha.

Kirsty did call a taxi to leave and then max declared his undy love.

garlicnutty Fri 05-Jul-13 02:37:23

So I'm in Somniac again, but luckily hadn't watched tonight's Stenders yet. What a cracker! Classic EE. All is forgiven smile And I was creased with laughter at the end! I shall have entertaining dreams about Ian's face when he sees the wreckage (and Carl's.)

TwllBach Mon 08-Jul-13 20:53:55

Oh, you know what, I quite liked dexter today. I think it was quite an honest performance/situation. The aggression, the hurt, the betrayal...

And he's right - Ava should stop being such a twat.

M0naLisa Mon 08-Jul-13 23:23:16

The Ava/Dexter/Sam storyline is boring me now.

Shortbutsosweet Tue 09-Jul-13 09:35:47

I liked dexter until he threw chips at Sam! Throwing a punch would have much better. Sam and Ava are both terrible actors get rid of them.
Dexter is a cool guy generally.
On a separate note who's styling Whitney these days? Maybe she needs Gok grin

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 09-Jul-13 19:14:08

peggys back in autumn to help phil

Bakingnovice Tue 09-Jul-13 22:54:57

So what do we all think phil might get addicted to this time? He's done drink/drugs and obviously food. My money's on an addiction to lexis formula milk.

So glad Lauren is gone. And Tanya. Even at the end she was keeping everything a secret from everyone and being a terrible mother.

MuchBrighterNow Wed 10-Jul-13 08:47:07

Ava should listen to Dexter and ditch the giant with the freaky smile.

SinisterBuggyMonth Wed 10-Jul-13 23:34:06

Oh please not Peggy, she didn't even turn up to.Pats funeral, even Wicksy managed to fly from the other side of the world to spend 5 minutes at her graveside.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Thu 11-Jul-13 22:52:33

I really hated the gangster bullying Ian. They have a new Albert Square bully every year. I find it upsetting and brutal and needless. It's the opposite of entertainment.

allaflutter Sun 14-Jul-13 23:56:26

Lucy is SO tiresome, all she ever does is blow her top and screech at Ian! or she fawns over Joey. A very 'flat' character.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Mon 15-Jul-13 09:31:59

Agree about Lucy. Characters should be well rounded, not one dimensional moody cows.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 15-Jul-13 21:03:11

lucy certainly isnt well rounded - far too skinny

and yes ian is a wimp and needs to stand up for his self to kids and bullies

cheerfulweather Mon 15-Jul-13 21:25:29

That wasn't very kind of Joey, ending things with Lucy like that, though I suppose she'll get the message now (maybe). Where did he find that girl, wandering around the market from the sound of things... hmm.

TwllBach Tue 16-Jul-13 07:23:36

Joey is definitely a nob of epic proportions but I love him, just like max

cheerfulweather Tue 16-Jul-13 11:08:25

I'm still not getting all the love for Max on this thread smile Now Joey I do understand, but I think he would be nicer with Peter's personality (who I also like, aside from the eyebrows) blush

TwllBach Tue 16-Jul-13 19:43:26

I can't explain it blush I know it's wrong and objectively I can see he is a hideous specimen of a RatMan, but my mouth literally waters when I see him <ashamed>

Doshusallie Tue 16-Jul-13 19:45:15

I could never fancy a man who scuffs his shoes like he does. Tres annoying.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 16-Jul-13 21:40:35

oggling after a teenager peter , shame on you !!!

glad ian has his business/house etc back as lucy was a bitch to him to make ian sign it over when he was ill

TwllBach Tue 16-Jul-13 21:46:07

In all fairness to Lucy, I'm not sure it was a bad thing she did, taking over his businesses at the time? Isn't it a bit like people are given power of attorney over mental health patients?

<disclaimer: that might not be true...>

Lucy is still a bitch, but he dd have a breakdown and disappear, leaving his 18 year old to raise a 5/6 year old and run what, three businesses? I would resent the fuck out of dad if he did that to me when I was barely an adult, no matter how involuntary it was for him. And it's not like he was the best dad to begin with.

<can't believe I'm sticking up for Lucy>

allaflutter Tue 16-Jul-13 22:41:50

Max is a character and he does love Tanya, that's why imo he's popular. I like how he's completely unpretentious.
OOh, Ian has stood up to Lucy - yes, a bit of a shock to her, but she did take the business that HE built up without permission. He was already back from hospital then and she just bullied him into it with some crazy ultimatum, it was not fair, so he's right to say she stle them really. Of course it depends how he treats her now - should let her have a serious role in businesses if she wants to.

allaflutter Tue 16-Jul-13 22:42:30

stolen

This thread is not accepting new messages.