Anybody watch The Following?

(222 Posts)
DevlinMaccabee Wed 23-Jan-13 10:45:11

First episode was on Sky Atlantic last night. I thought it was pretty good.

SilverSky Thu 21-Feb-13 18:57:21

It was so obvious that the poem would be a trigger.

DevlinMaccabee Mon 25-Feb-13 08:10:20

I'm back from holiday and have finally watched Tuesdays episode.

That Police officer surely would have handled that situation with that guy in the barn better, I mean, wtf? He should have shot him in the leg, not let him get close enough to let the other guy disarm him.

Wonder how Ryan gets out of that sticky situation with the Psycho Paul holding a gun at his head! Fingers crossed backup are nearly there...

What in earth was the mum doing evading the FBI and getting in that car??

Am desperately hoping they find Megan and in time, the poor girl. I could tell Ryan was tempted to gag her again though.

SilverSky Tue 26-Feb-13 18:31:49

Can't believe Joey believed Emma and returned to the house with her either.

MagzFarqharson Tue 26-Feb-13 21:38:04

Please, please can someone remind me why the lawyer went along with doing what JP told her to do. I haven't got time to watch the episode again but can't remember why she did it confused...?

Thanks ? x

FrillyMilly Tue 26-Feb-13 21:50:33

When she decided not to represent him any more a few years previously he sent someone round to cut her finger off.

I am hooked. It is stretching it a bit with the realism but I need to know the boy will be ok. With the cop wasn't he rather naive because he's a country cop and they don't deal with that sort of crime very often?

MagzFarqharson Tue 26-Feb-13 21:56:15

Thanks Frilly grin - remembered the fingers being cut off bit but not why.

Ooo time to get the telly warmed up!

Possiblyoutedled Tue 26-Feb-13 23:04:42

Anyone watch tonight? I can't believe how many people are in on it. It shocks me everytime. I love it though, always feel gutted when its over.

DevlinMaccabee Tue 26-Feb-13 23:27:32

I watched tonight, I can't believe how many people are in on it either!

I reckon my suspicions about that federal agent lady, Deborah, were wrong. Don't think she is one of them now.

SucksFake Tue 26-Feb-13 23:32:13

Just found this thread.

Had guessed about that local cop. Hardy was so close til she showed up. So glad that Weston is OK; I like him and am desperately hoping he's not a Follower. Ooh, he could be Hardy's Follower; he's always with him!

Possibly, I know exactly what you mean. I want another episode now!

Possiblyoutedled Tue 26-Feb-13 23:41:55

I've often had to watch it on about Friday which means not so long to wait. I seriously can't believe how good this is.
Glad Megan is ok.

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Tue 26-Feb-13 23:49:29

It's a great series, and every episode leaves you wanting more, I agree. It's quite unnerving not knowing who is in on it, an who isn't.

Littleturkish Wed 27-Feb-13 09:36:30

The local cop freaking out I found believable- these are just rural cops- they would be totally over their heads!

Now the group is split, you can see it all unravelling. I like the FBI lady, what was she looking at when it was the end though? Might have to watch that bit again.

OhCobblers Wed 27-Feb-13 11:12:40

littleturkish to me It looked like a Pendant in the design of the cult's logo? The cult that her parents belong to that is.

I love this series! Can anyone remind me how the FBI found Claire at Charlie's?

Littleturkish Wed 27-Feb-13 11:29:36

Not sure they explained it? Did they pin down the emails from the house?

I thought it was the cult thing...so sad. Mostly because the number of those cults are scarily high, and the poor girls that are abused there and the boys abandoned to keep the female:male ratio high sad

I'm still not sure about Weston or Megan. Others were fatally shot in the head, but he wasn't, or am I over-thinking? I want him to be an ally. Megan, poor soul after her childhood, she is the sort of person Joe would prey on to join, 'to want to belong' she said.

I wanted Joey to be rescued. sad

JambalayaCodfishPie Wed 27-Feb-13 14:02:17

It's getting a bit silly, don't you think?

I'll still watch though! grin

I think we're meant to think its Weston - because he's the techy type too, he "intercepted" the email that no-one else did, then Emma gets an email saying its not secure? And not getting fatally shot, and sticking like glue to Ryan. I don't know. It'll prob be someone else - it's to obvious?

SilverSky Sat 02-Mar-13 18:48:19

I don't get why he was down for so long when he was wearing a bullet proof vest!

PetiteRaleuse Sat 02-Mar-13 18:57:29

Just watched the latest episode. I also think Weston is kb's follower. There to protect him until his time comes. Which it won't of course.

Just wondering how will they get more than one series out of this?

Littleturkish Sun 03-Mar-13 09:08:33

Jam- local cop was there when email was intercepted- she tipped them off?

JambalayaCodfishPie Sun 03-Mar-13 09:13:11

Oh was she? I missed that! It all moves so fast!!

HappyJustToBe Sun 03-Mar-13 09:49:24

If you're right and Weston is in on it I will not be happy. Really good stuff and not quite as predictably "unpredictable" as other shows of the same ilk.

Littleturkish Sun 03-Mar-13 11:16:31

Jam I re-watched it!! I watch it on my own, then again with DP as I'm on mat leave and too impatient to wait for him!

Definitely helps watching it twice!

I LOVED last week when KB was goading the three useless serial killers/wannabes into tying him up! It is my favourite thing on TV at the moment.

Littleturkish Sun 03-Mar-13 11:18:35

I think Weston is a red herring.

Being shot at point blank IS painful, but agree we're meant to suspect.

Perhaps KB will start to suspect him, and then his mistrust will lead to a mistake?

DevlinMaccabee Tue 05-Mar-13 23:17:35

Anyone watch tonight?

I knew that lawyer lady, Olivia was gonna get it at some point!

Omg, how many people has Carroll got following now?

Poor Joey, he looked so scared.

StrugglingBadly Wed 06-Mar-13 00:29:41

I think it tipped into the realms of the ridiculous tonight. The whole set up to get him transferred was just so predictable and transparent, not to mention ridiculous. Did I mention it was ridiculous? A highly dangerous psycho gets the opportunity to escape from high security prisons twice? It's been a bit of a stretch as a concept throughout but this is just ridiculous now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now