Doctors Addicts Anonymous Continued - Emergency!

(996 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Mon 21-Jan-13 13:54:57

No time for waffle.

If you watch Doctors, 1.45pm on BBC1, this is the thread for you! It's so bad, it's good.

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 21-Jan-13 14:40:52

I knew I'd miss the ending as I have to pick up DD (inconvenient), so I only watched the beginning. One of the nuns used to be Tiffany's mum in Eastenders, didn't she? If she's not dead already my money is on her as the killer. She was always a nasty piece of work in Eastenders.

I've known loads of nuns, and so I am totally unsurprised at one of them being drunk.

Sparklingbrook Mon 21-Jan-13 14:58:50

Killed by Pear Drops. shock

Oodsigma Mon 21-Jan-13 15:00:16

Place marking. Haven't watched todays. That's a treat for bedtime wink

Raahh Mon 21-Jan-13 15:46:16

pmsl- @ the pear drops. I had to leave before the end of that. I think I should nominate 'Father Brown' on the rubbish tv that is compulsive viewing threadgrin

readyforno2 Mon 21-Jan-13 15:53:05

Just checking in..
Haven't watched today's episode as I've been building a snowman with ds. Will catch up later on.

MsNobodyAgain Mon 21-Jan-13 15:59:46

Nice to see some regulars checking in grin

'Tis a simple life I lead.

I keep waiting for Fr Brown to say "today I will be mostly eating taramasalata" (that's a bugger to type on a phone).

Sparklingbrook Mon 21-Jan-13 18:12:53

Yes Who or 'we just want to boy togeva'. grin love Mark Williams, and now wondering if I should Sky Plus Fther Brown too. blush

I mustn't Sky+ anything else, I can't keep up as it is and the Good Wife is back on this week apparently too.

Raahh Mon 21-Jan-13 19:21:55

i've put Father Brown on my humax series link

blush

Mark Williams has such a brilliant expressive face. But what happened to Hugo Speer? Always thought he was destined to be a massive star, but here he is on daytime telly in a poor man's Miss Marple/Midsomer murdersgrin

Sparklingbrook Mon 21-Jan-13 19:23:31

I was genuinely enthralled by today's, blush

Oh, I thought I recognised him. I only caught the last 10 mins as I was catching up with the Drs. There are a few gems on daytime TV not sure if Doctors is actually one of them

MsNobodyAgain Mon 21-Jan-13 20:16:09

I am not sure I can shoe horn any other dire viewing in between Doctors, Come Dine, Four in a Bed, Storage Hoarders, The Hotel, Supersize v Superskinny ... My planner is fit to burst blush

Sparklingbrook Mon 21-Jan-13 20:19:34

Wanted Down Under is on my Sky Plus, and The Hotel. blush

How do you find time to watch it all? <considers chucking in job>

MsNobodyAgain Mon 21-Jan-13 20:37:10

I haven't worked since the twins were born 8 years ago who. I watch what I have recorded when they are at school.

<slattern>

Oh! I can't believe I forgot Jeremy Kyle off my list of recorded shite programmes shock

Sparklingbrook Mon 21-Jan-13 21:26:47

I don't get to watch a lot of what I Sky Plus TBH. grin Wanted down Under coincides with breakfast sometimes but I Sky Plus in case I have to go out before it finishes. blush

toldmywrath Mon 21-Jan-13 22:19:00

Dead Nuns-I didn't realise we were talking Father Brown,so was a bit perplexed.

Anyhoo-didn't that Michelle nurse fall in love with her half brother wot she didn't realise was her half brother & that oh so long ago. A recycle storyline, but I found it interesting today blush

Sparklingbrook Mon 21-Jan-13 22:21:20

Oh sorry told. Father Brown had a storyline and a plot and everything. grin

I did wonder if Kevin was going to fall for his half sister at one point.

I'm on the Flylady threads, I have to limit daytime TV otherwise I feel guilty! Only work 2 and a bit days though.

Oodsigma Mon 21-Jan-13 23:23:19

sparkling a plot with a beginning , middle AND end? And it made sense? How did you cope with that after Doctors?

wednesdaygirl Tue 22-Jan-13 01:57:22

Im moving to birmingham smile home visits are a no go here

AnneEyhtMeyer Tue 22-Jan-13 06:51:48

Doctors only bothers with the middle of the plot - no explanation of how the story started or was resolved is given. Sometimes they don't even bother with the middle bit.

Told - well they recycle actors so recycling plots is the logical next step.

readyforno2 Tue 22-Jan-13 08:16:28

What a strange episode. Bah!

Raahh Tue 22-Jan-13 13:45:55

I've trained dd2 well. She has just started dancing to the theme yelling'Doctors' like a loongrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now