Where's neighbours gone?

(601 Posts)
Willabywallaby Mon 07-Jan-13 19:29:32

I thought it was having a fortnight off for Christmas but not on today sad

readyforno2 Thu 07-Mar-13 20:29:14

Wow, They don't do crashes like that anymore!
It's so true.. Once you start youtubing it's very difficult to stop. Just watched the episode where stingray dies. Brought a wee tear to my eye blush

IAmNotACaterpillar Thu 07-Mar-13 21:06:02

I did the Neighbours tour last year and met the lovely young man who played Stingray! I was the only one there who had actually watched him die - told him I'd sobbed for hours (although that could also have been down to the post-birth hormones having only just had dd).

readyforno2 Thu 07-Mar-13 23:45:10

I cried for ages. It was a very emotional episode..
Very jealous. The neighbours set is definitely on my bucket list!

Katz Fri 08-Mar-13 07:43:57

I love neighbours, I've been a life long fan, I watched back inthr days of max and Marie and when Paul was in his teens/twenties and living with Helen and Jim.

SpanishFly Fri 08-Mar-13 09:10:24

This week reminded me that Paul left for a while (he seems to have ALWAYS been there!). Sarah an Lauren both had to be introduced to him, despite being characters from the past!

He was off doing River City for a while.

SpanishFly Fri 08-Mar-13 09:16:11

And why are there so few GOOD charaters in it just now?
Kyle and his gran = great
Georgia = has potential
Vanessa = meh
Lucas = fine
Kate and sophie = eff off
Kapurs = blah
Lou = physically turns my stomach
New arrivals Lauren and Mike = hmm. Kids might be entertaining
Tash/Andrew = always entertaining
Chris = fine
Paul = the best
Karl and Susan = fab
If Karl, Susan and Paul weren't in it I'd struggle to stay interested.

SpanishFly - they could wipe the Kapurs out in a freak meteor strike tomorrow, and I wouldn't care one bit.

Georgia is just too perky and enthusiastic for me - I would find myself itching to slap her within moments of meeting her.

Sophie is better than Kate, imo - and I always wonder how the hell it is that Kate manages to keep her job, given the dodgy decisions she seems to make - like not telling the principal that her own daughter is wagging school, and letting her own sister wag school to search for her.

Vanessa - yes, a bit meh, but standing over an incubator doing concerned face is not stretching her acting talents at all.

Karl and Susan should just get back together. I will bang their heads together if neccessary.

Tash and Andrew - very good value, but should never, ever date.

Chris needs a lovely new boyfriend, without all the angst of whatsisname the nurse.

Generally, with the exception of perky Georgia, there is far too much standing around looking tortured and heathcliffian.

SpanishFly Fri 08-Mar-13 11:32:37

The problem with Vanessa is that - until recently - she was only there to be the object of men's desires, be pregnant, and mention cooking in EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE! It was so nauseating!

Maybe asking her to do all that overstretched her acting abilities, hence her current 'stand looking sad' role.

mamaonion Fri 08-Mar-13 19:50:38

I'm just watching last week on catch up, and loving toady carrying baby rolled up towel in a sling. Seems Ramsay st way ahead on natural child rearing approaches compared to uk shows!

Willabywallaby Mon 11-Mar-13 20:34:44

But isn't the sling technique a bit dodgy? Baby/towel totally enveloped by sling...

Feeling sorry for Callum today, he's never going to get the girl is he?

And I now want Karl and Susan to get together, wasn't bothered last week.

Katz Wed 13-Mar-13 17:47:25

I love the way the baby switches between a real one, a doll and a towel!

PuffPants Wed 13-Mar-13 22:09:05

Oh god, Nell's headband - the horror!

Clawdy Wed 13-Mar-13 22:19:17

What I thought, PuffPants ! smile

grumpywompy Thu 14-Mar-13 12:39:50

did anyone notice today's episode..the crying lady in the bright pink dress at the beginning with Susan Kennedy. the one who had apparently just been fired. she was working In the news paper office behind Susan in the last scene smile

I love neighbours

grumpywompy Thu 14-Mar-13 12:44:28

oh n Sarah doesn't appear to have changed her hair or makeup since the mid 90s

MsTimTam Thu 14-Mar-13 19:58:11

Angie is so horrific she's brilliant, glad she's staying for a bit. Do you think the scriptwriters read some of the MIL threads on here for inspiration? wink

Clawdy Fri 15-Mar-13 17:57:01

Lauren's daughter...sitting at a school desk...looks at least twenty-five.

PuffPants Fri 22-Mar-13 18:13:28

Why are Lauren and her family so poor? He's in the police, she works in the coffee shop and they're shacking up with Lou. Hardly on the breadline! When they do have a spare fiver, they really should get the youngest boy a haircut.

dopeysheep Fri 22-Mar-13 18:17:51

I think they have got some dodgy debts. Probably paying off the older brother's drug pimp or something. They def didn't have enough money to feed that horse he was a bit skinny!

ShipwreckedAndComatose Fri 22-Mar-13 20:58:28

I felt a bit sorry for that blimmin' horse being shipped this way and that! They seemed to find it very easy to sell on..

And don't get me started on how pathetic Chris is being! Do these people never learn???

PuffPants Fri 22-Mar-13 21:31:30

I know! Queensland to Melbourne and back again would take days!

MsTimTam Sun 24-Mar-13 20:38:18

Stop the presses - just saw a teaser ad for Neighbours -to summarise, I think there is going to be some kind of fire at Sonya and Toadie's wedding, there were photos of Rhys, Callum and some of the others burning and then the final voice over of the ad was 'not all weddings have happy endings... Neighbours - the explosion'

And then the date flashed up - 16.04.13

As much as Neighbours is due the drama and fallout from an explosion or mass car accident, I can't help but wish that Toadie and Sonya come out unscathed, I am still scarred by the Dee wedding... hmm

All theories need to be discussed in detail right here smile (but no spoilers please)

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sun 24-Mar-13 20:42:57

Ok...Toadie must have a wedding that actually results in him having a bride by the end of the evening!!!!

(All I can remember from the Dee wedding was him and her driving off in the car with happy dopey stupid grins on their faces....kind of made me glad when they flew off the cliff)

Lotkinsgonecurly Sun 24-Mar-13 20:44:54

It'll be like the plane crash again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now