Eastenders - wasn't expecting Max...(Possible spoiler alert)

(98 Posts)
MyLittleAprilSunshine Tue 25-Dec-12 21:50:26

... to be married to someone else as the person that Derek was 'paying off'. Man Derek turned pretty damn nasty towards the end of that episode. I bet everyone thought he was faking it at the end. I was grin Joey was the first one to go and make sure he was alright.

What did everyone else think of tonights episode?

TwllBach Wed 26-Dec-12 00:04:39

I'm a bit late to the party - I was forced to watch Prometheus, which was a waste of two hours - and have sky plussed it. I think Lauren is a beautiful little actress you know. And Tanya looked beautiful. Abbey is irritating, Derek is/was vile, as is Kat and I would quite happily have a max/jack sandwich grin

TwllBach Wed 26-Dec-12 00:07:47

Yikes, Derek is a nutter just realised he's like my dad

MyLittleAprilSunshine Wed 26-Dec-12 14:48:22

That's never a good thing when you can associate a character to someone you know wish you didn't know

thepeanutsparent Wed 26-Dec-12 15:40:06

I'm so glad Derek has been killed off - he's really the most revolting thing ever. Am I the only person who still likes Kat? I find her oddly compelling, I just wish EE would stop rehashing the same old storyline with her and Alfie. Leave then in peace! I agree Lauren is gorgeous.

TwllBach Wed 26-Dec-12 18:46:45

Did you see the episode, boxing day maybe? Lauren was smashed and she was shouting the odds at Tanya, and she was talking about Joey and how he broke her heart, and she got the voice wobble and the lip tremble just right as she said it, so I really believed that she was barely holding it all together.

I am far too invested in this, clearly...

AmIthatTinselly Thu 27-Dec-12 02:20:43

Not a big EE fan, but that Derek bloke was just a fuckin joke. Mr Big Man.....yeah whatever!!! Good riddance/ Least convincing character ever.

If I was Max I would have sconed his pus

SinisterBuggyMonth Fri 28-Dec-12 11:24:09

I dont know what "sconning someones pus" is, but it sounds painfulo

AmIthatTinselly Fri 28-Dec-12 19:52:09

grin

Sorry, it means punching them in the face. I don't understand why Max didn't

<although I don't watch regularly so don't know all the background>

SinisterBuggyMonth Fri 28-Dec-12 22:02:05

The background is Derek has been a twat and an arse all year from the moment he turned up at Christmas, from menacing an old lady on her deathbed, trying to stab his sisters boyfriend, shagging, beating up and stealing houses and businesses from anyone with the Surname Moon, controlling the farts of his offspring, and ruling his siblings despite he was half the height of his brothers and double the weight, and his best threat was to do the jowly scowl which half the time looked like he was checking out Max's arse.

SinisterBuggyMonth Fri 28-Dec-12 22:02:28

I really miss him though

TwllBach Sat 29-Dec-12 09:29:30

Thing is though, max is ultimately a big girls blouse isn't he? Any time he gets into a confrontation his eyes well up and he starts to sweat. That's why he relied on jack/Derek so much - he needed actual men to fight his battles for him.

Bakingnovice Sat 29-Dec-12 17:02:45

Oh can't stand Lauren. She's a dumb bitch brat who
Spoils everything. She acts like she's 10. And she looks too
Old to be playing a young person. Terrible acting. Pining for joey, with those collagen lips quivering. Really going off Tanya too. Such a frump. The whole hiding Lauren's relationship makes no sense. Max was fine with it in the end. In fact the whole Xmas episode was a joke. That weird trout pout lady turning up, Derek dying, Kat crying. Pfffttt. Times like this I miss pat, Peggy, dot, Pauline. Ee is really pitiful ATM.

SinisterBuggyMonth Sat 29-Dec-12 18:41:07

I hope Dot comes back soon. In the meantime we have make do with Cora and her creepy behive and disaproving false lashes to dispense wisdom to the young un's dispursed with sexual tension with Patrick.

ViviPru Sat 29-Dec-12 18:55:57

The whole hiding Lauren's relationship makes no sense. Max was fine with it in the end

True that.

I thought it was quite believable that Max would have married the lippy woman. Wasn't she in the car when Derek dropped Max off way back when he first came back when he found out Tanya had cancer? I really CBA with a tug of war between her and Tanya though. It's simply not feasible that she would hold any appeal whatsoever for Max now. They can't even play the 'chemistry' card, as that's always been exclusively Tanya's hold over Max.

Oh and for those wondering about getting married in your house, that's a load of old nonsense. Theoretically it IS possible if you pay the local registrars around £1500 for a venue license and agree to offering your living room to the public as a readily accessible wedding venue available at all times, oh and assuming you have undergone and passed a fire safety risk assessment, have adequate disabled access, and the local planning authority is happy that your property has the relevant permissions...

Bakingnovice Sat 29-Dec-12 23:47:21

Both Tanya's dresses were horrid. Could they have made her look any worse!

Odd now England are so diffenremt to Scotland to be married at home. Simple to do here. I did it. Easy peasy.

VeganCow Sun 30-Dec-12 12:43:32

They weren't getting married in the actual house, weren't they all about to go out to the square when that woman turned up?
The Lauren and Joey thing, I thing Tanya had other reasons other than the wrath of Max, for keeping it from him..heard somewhere that Joey is really Dereks from when he raped her, so she wouldn't want her own daughter and son to be together but obv couldn't tell Max that.

ViviPru Sun 30-Dec-12 12:52:10

Yeah that's right, Vegan. Also nonsense. In England, a legal marriage can only take place in a permanent structure with a fixed roof and foundations that is licensed for marriage. Janine's marriage wasn't actually legal.

MrsTomHardy Sun 30-Dec-12 12:58:58

So bored of EE....yet I still watch it blush

Gumby Sun 30-Dec-12 13:02:05

Is Tanya still meant to be leaving?

TwllBach Sun 30-Dec-12 13:29:39

Yeah I heard that Tanya was supposed to be leaving at Christmas too. Maybe they don't come back from Spain? Maybe Tanya decides its not worth chancing it with Kirsty and max and convinces him to stay. They send for Oscar but Lauren and abbey choose to stay?

ViviPru Sun 30-Dec-12 16:57:39

NoooooooOOO sad I heard she was leaving but the reality of no Tanya & Max is too much to bear. They're my favourite and my best.

whatkungfuthat Sun 30-Dec-12 17:27:44

ViviPru thank you, I was sure that Derek mentioned a woman being in the car when Max came back as I thought I remembered a conversation about what they were going to do about her. I had read somewhere that Max had killed someone in a car accident and was paying the family, which serves me right for reading spoilers! I did feel a bit sorry for Kat on Xmas day as she looked really unhappy and trapped with Derek. Where is she staying now? Roxy is wrong for Alfie too.

TwllBach Sun 30-Dec-12 17:32:59

Nooo roxy and Alfie would be lovely, but he will never get over Kat.

Strangely, I am warming to Michael too.

ViviPru Sun 30-Dec-12 20:35:08

Oooh Ooh - Ladies Of Eastenders - how are you all feeling about Denise and Ian getting together then? Obviously, he's beyond repugnant - he makes me feel like I'm about to do sick in my mouth when he smiles whimsically - but will it be entertaining? Or just silly and unbearable?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now