DOCTOR WHO Xmas special - the Snowmen!

(113 Posts)

How many days until who-mas? Very excited!

The snowmen look creepy, Clara looks clever and kind of like someone we've already met (yeah, write your way out of that one Moffat!) Madame vastra! Jenny! A doctor who is so tired of losing his friends... And something in the snow.

icovetthee Mon 17-Dec-12 23:33:21

I am so ready for this! Baileys at the ready!

<marks place as I am just off to sleep>

prequel!.

'Heartbreak is a burden to us all. Pity the man with two'

OodKingWenceslas Tue 18-Dec-12 11:55:02

Thanks for that I keep forgetting to look for it!

Ooh I enjoyed the prequel. Am really looking forward to the Christmas special.

I need to know more about your Matt Smith tattoo Snape! What made you decide to go for MS rather than DT?

because Matt smith is better than David Tennant grin <ducks> i have lots of space left on that leg, i'll probably get them all at some point!

i got slightly tired of DT towards the end - now i can look back and appreciate him more, but i tend to think of him as being very much from the school of 'eyes and teeth' acting. i was devastated by DTs Hamlet, because it was basically the doctor in Denmark. which is strange, because when DT was John Smith in 'the family of blood', a bit of a coward, more 'human' i liked him more... MS is a beautifully subtle actor, there is so much going on behind his eyes, so i just prefer him as the Doctor....

..plus, he's fit. blush i get all Mrs Robinson about him. 'hello Benjamin!' blush

KayHarker Tue 18-Dec-12 14:14:46

Marking my place. Looking forward to Jenna a lot

I didn't warm to MS at first and didn't find him remotely attractive but have really warmed to him and now his unattractive features are rather endearing. I prefer him to DT, although I cried when DT 'died' and didn't think I'd be able to carry on watching I am slightly over invested but looking back DTs doctor had become emotionally tiring to watch, he got to complicated and lost alot of his humour that made him so likeable, he was to troubled and tortured in the end.

MS is like a breath of fresh air, I like the banter with River and have a slight girl crush on her!

CaseyShraeger Tue 18-Dec-12 14:24:45

The Moffat/Smith Doctor is far more alien than the Davies/Tennant one, and I think that gives things an edge that was a bit lacking before.

i got a bit annoyed at the 'mooning-around-after-rose-tyler' with no disrespect to anyone working in retail, she was a shop assistant. he was a time lord, they were never equals - River is his equal. Team River!

yes, i like that MS is a tiny bit borderline-aspergers, confounded by the humans and what they do, misses things.. but i love that - as always, the doctor is brave and clever and gets that violence doesn't solve anything.

QuietNinjaChristmasSpecial Sat 22-Dec-12 20:51:05

'Who-mas' grin I love matt smith as the doctor. I love David tennant and therefore loved his doctor. Iyswim. Sort off. Can't wait.

Yogagirl17 Tue 25-Dec-12 09:42:54

Hello, just place marking can't wait! Merry xmas. (and for what it's worth I couldn't stand Rose! Blurgh)

Place marking here as well. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

RedToothbrush Tue 25-Dec-12 17:42:26

POND! V clever.

OodKingWenceslas Tue 25-Dec-12 17:58:10

Smaller on the outside

Souffle

New tardis (80s style?)

New credits but of a flashback too.

( random thoughts, sorry!)

RedToothbrush Tue 25-Dec-12 17:59:27

I thought there was mod style targets on the walls.

OodKingWenceslas Tue 25-Dec-12 18:00:41

Can't believe how quiet this thread is, never been on a slow moving Dr who thread before. Don't tell me everyone else has a life?

jarndyceandjarndyce Tue 25-Dec-12 18:01:45

Ugh. New girl is a bit fluffy. I'm not liking all this kissing. Perhaps because I want the dr to ask me to run away with him.

OodKingWenceslas Tue 25-Dec-12 18:02:59

No , bit fed up of the kissing each companion ( poor Rory missed out!)

jarndyceandjarndyce Tue 25-Dec-12 18:05:06

"You fed your darkest desires into a snowman!" - great line.

JakeBullet Tue 25-Dec-12 18:05:24

Really enjoying it....Richard E Grant is a fabulous villain

jarndyceandjarndyce Tue 25-Dec-12 18:07:40

OMG THEY JUST TOTALLY STOLE A LINE FROM GAME OF THRONES.

Winter is coming? Moffat you are such a fan boy.

OodKingWenceslas Tue 25-Dec-12 18:17:12

Best Xmas episode for a while!

RedToothbrush Tue 25-Dec-12 18:17:18

Fluffy?!

You watching the same thing as me?

I think she's a feisty one and I really wouldn't want to mess with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now