Will Seinfeld still be funny or will it just be dated?

(23 Posts)
KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 15-Dec-12 22:37:02

DH has always loved it and I have just started watching it when he watches reruns. It's very funny and pretty dateless.

Orenishii Thu 13-Dec-12 22:09:53

Soup nazi is just the epitome of Elaine, and george's dad, festivus and the pole with the airing of grievances will never get old!

MegBusset Thu 13-Dec-12 20:26:39

We are working our way through the box set, just started Season 6. Which iirc has Puddy in it, imo the best ever extra character.

LightHousekeeping Tue 11-Dec-12 06:24:51

I wonder if I should just get him a couple of middle seasons?

The parking garage
The ugly baby
Shrinkage

The whole story where they're doing the TV show for NBC is pretty hilarious and very meta

SlubbersRingAreYouListening Fri 07-Dec-12 12:56:25

Master of your domain.
The pez dispenser.
Elaine stuck on the subway.
Serenity Now.

Classic, classic observational comedy that will never date. Even if the clothes are baaaaaaaad.

orangepudding Fri 07-Dec-12 12:51:37

Still very funny!

I think seasons 3-5 are the best

I'm pretty sure the 'master of my domain' episode will still be funny -- although it must seem so quaint compared to what gets on TV nowadays!

MousyMouse Fri 07-Dec-12 12:45:22

was it ever not dated? wink

some references might be out of date but it will still be funny in this strange seinfeld way.

poozlepants Fri 07-Dec-12 12:38:51

Sitcom - obvs.

poozlepants Fri 07-Dec-12 12:38:19

"I am so sorry.It's the Moops." is one of the funniest lines in a sitcome - ever.

poozlepants Fri 07-Dec-12 12:36:43

I have the box set of the whole lot and DH and I start at the beginning and watch a couple of episodes a night before bed. It is very funny and by the thrid time of watching we started to prefer the early/ middle seasons to the later ones.

LightHousekeeping Fri 07-Dec-12 12:32:40

He was miserable in curb

Orenishii Fri 07-Dec-12 09:40:06

I'm telling you for the last time.....grin

It's timeless, and George will be forever my favourite.

BonfireBaby Thu 06-Dec-12 21:58:36

It's still funny, currently watching repeats on sky Atlantic (I think), go for it

EuphemiaInExcelsis Thu 06-Dec-12 21:49:46

DH and I watched them all again last year and they're still great.

gingermcflea Tue 04-Dec-12 10:19:42

The clothes and hair are very dated, but the humor is definitely not. Absolute classic that still holds up well.

MurielTheActor Tue 04-Dec-12 10:13:37

Still funny. Still VERY funny grin

LightHousekeeping Mon 03-Dec-12 22:45:32

I remember the first seasons not been as funny as the later ones. Maybe I should see if there's a set.

Oh, btw. The Curb episode about the Seinfeld reunion was there an actual reunion and was that the same storyline?

I miss Curb I wish they would hurry up and make another.

Clayhead Mon 03-Dec-12 19:34:42

I sometimes catch an episode on TV - still funny IMHO.

HondaJizz Mon 03-Dec-12 18:44:49

I still watch it and saw Seinfeld in Manchester in May. He was brilliant. Not dated at all and easily the best sitcom...

wintera Mon 03-Dec-12 18:43:34

I watch it quite a lot. Its still funny! Best sitcom ever . . .

LightHousekeeping Mon 03-Dec-12 14:13:41

I finally got my brother into Curb its cost me a bomb and he's asking about Seinfeld. I watched it first time around and loved it. I dont know if I would find it as funny now though.

I dont want to waste my money buying him it for Christmas if its going to be really slow. Like I say, it took him awhile to get into Curb mode!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now