The Good Wife?

(279 Posts)
gilmoregirl Tue 27-Nov-12 18:33:46

Does anyone know if we will get the new series of the Good Wife in the UK?

It usually starts about this time of year but I have not seen any mention of it this year sad

tribpot Mon 29-Apr-13 12:38:10

It'd be awesome if Maddy won and then offered Alicia Deputy Governor.

Quenelle Mon 29-Apr-13 12:47:53

She's got to get into politics soon, surely? It seems such a natural progression when you think about her current status and all her connections?

Bue Mon 29-Apr-13 13:29:43

I think we have to remember that at the end of the day, these people are top lawyers in a cut throat environment. They are ultimately out for themselves. (Apologies to any lawyers here, no offence meant! grin) Carey would have done the same, as he told Alicia. But it was so touching and sad at the end when they exchanged looks through the glass. Also Canning, Florrick, Agos and Associates would be epic!

Top episode, it hasn't been this good in aaaaaaaages!

It's got totally good again. I love Cary!! I think Cary might have really wanted to go out on his own.

MunchkinsMumof2 Thu 02-May-13 09:49:13

Phew, The Good Wfe's got its mojo back, I was wondering whether to give up on it but last week's episode was fab.

Comedy moment, the shared sneezing, a bit like the ring tone incident a long way back! Elspeth rules. Josh Creepy. Carey, I just want to give you a hug!

tribpot Fri 03-May-13 20:34:35

Urgh the Sex and the City reunion is not going well. Big awful, the dreadful Trey MacDougal even more mad and creepy-smooth than before.

Will flirting with Laura Hellinger about 15 seconds after snogging Alicia? Urgh. Alicia agreeing to date night with Peter? Urgh.

Plus I could not follow the two court cases at all - I have got a bad cold so perhaps that's why but it didn't make a hell of a lot of sense.

Kalinda's English accent seems to be coming on apace - they might as well write it into the plot. She adopted an American accent when on the run from He Who Must Not Be Named, now he's <cough> gone away she can revert to her usual accent.

SlatternismyMiddlename Sat 04-May-13 10:55:47

I loved the last episode. I am wondering if I'm in the minority by wanting Alicia and Will to get back together. I just don't understand how she could contemplate getting back with Peter after he had affairs.

I thought Elspeth was very funny and liked her interaction with Josh.

I will volunteer to give Carey the big hug he obviously needs. the sacrifices I make for mumsnet

Nehru Sat 04-May-13 10:57:09

I thought this weeks was weak.

PLus Elspeth is being overused

tribpot Sat 04-May-13 11:11:03

Yes, I thought Elsbeth was not as well-written this week. A bit too much quirkiness and not enough of the razor-sharp intelligence that goes along with it.

I would quite like to see Alicia and Will make a go of it as a public couple. Ideally though Alicia would just bloody divorce the lizard man and have done.

northender Thu 09-May-13 16:18:56

Hoping for a sharper episode tonight......

BOF Fri 10-May-13 00:14:18

It was a cracking episode tonight, I thought. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the new investigator.

HalleLouja Fri 10-May-13 14:58:04

Kalinda needs to snog Cary or I will. Also the Alicia and Peter story line needs to stop!

That's all.

HalleLouja Fri 10-May-13 14:58:21

Apart from that I loved it.

MunchkinsMumof2 Fri 10-May-13 22:05:34

Another cracker last night, I'm glad it's back on form.

Good episode but sort of creepy, creepy, creepy!

Love the way they play with expectations! young black lawyer is actually old fuddy white guy who looks like butter wouldn't melt but could be angel of death!!!

HalleLouja Fri 24-May-13 10:18:34

Alicia choose Will! That is all.

northender Sat 25-May-13 09:22:25

I know hallelouja, I agree but the choice isn't really there anymore is it? Thought this week's episode was good, did we hear Diane's decision in the end? Think I missed a bit, may have to go back and recap....

HalleLouja Sat 25-May-13 16:57:53

I don't think we saw the decision. I was thinking that too.

SlatternismyMiddlename Sat 25-May-13 17:18:57

I agree, chose Will.

I thought it was a good episode. John Noble, as always, was great.

tribpot Sat 25-May-13 18:25:59

One of The Good Wife's surreal episodes. We never found out who murdered the client, did we?

I did like Big punching Chandler, though.

I'm lost, what did Diane have to decide?

The dog lover killed the man, Kalinda spotted a dog-ball-throwing-thing (not it's real name) in the car of the man who sent the killer.

northender Wed 29-May-13 15:06:42

Whether to accept the judge position Peter was offering.

BlingLoving Wed 29-May-13 16:31:08

I completely missed that we didn't get the Dianne decision. But it's a no brainer surely? Are we getting to the end of this season now? We must be.

I hope Alicia and Cary are friends again soon. It's all a bit ridiculous currently.

Thanks Northerner I did hear that bit but just forgot it!

I actually came into the episode half way through then watched it from the beginning and it was totally confusing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now